Two Weeks

3rd Person POV

"You've had his jacket on for a week, don't you think it's time you washed it?" Akeno glares at her father.

"I can't," she responds. "Everything about it reminds me of Y/N, and I don't want to lose that." The Priestess of Thunder looks at the ring on her finger. "We should have had our wedding today. It would have been perfect. I would have been the perfect wife that he needs in his life. It didn't matter how many wives he ended up having, I would always be right there by his side." Tears start to roll down her face. "He had so much pain in his heart, and I just wanted to make him feel better. I would have spent the rest of our lives making sure that he never went through that again." Baraqiel walks over and holds his daughter.

"He loved you more than life itself, I know that Akeno."

"The memorial for him is tomorrow, but it's hard to even want to go knowing that his body won't be there. Vali, Ophis, and Cao Cao are still looking for him, so how come they haven't found it? Do you think he could still be alive Father?" Akeno looks up into her father's eyes. "There has to be a chance! I should be looking for him too!"

"It's getting late, you should get some rest Akeno. If you still think he's alive after the memorial service then I'll let you look for him, but you can't let your love for him blind you to the facts." Akeno breaks out of Baraqiel's grasp and goes to her bedroom in the Gremory mansion. She looks out of the window toward the mountain range where Y/N had trained during their visit in the summer.

"Y/N," she whispers, "please come back to me. If you come back I'll take care of you forever. I'll never lose hope that I can have you back." She takes Y/N's jacket off and lays down, draping it over her like a blanket. In the next room, the Nekomata sisters lay down together and hold each other.

"Akeno thinks he's still alive," Kuroka says to her sister. "I want to believe that's the case, for your sake as well as everyone else's."

"Where could he be?"

"I don't know Shirone, but I wish I did. I think this is something we should all talk about tomorrow. If he's still alive then there is no reason why we should be here instead of searching for him." Kuroka holds onto her sister's hands. "Everything will work itself out, I know it." Koneko nods her head.

"I hope so."

Y/N POV

"It's getting late Y/N." I look to the cave entrance and see Tiamat standing there.

"Is that important?" She walks inside and approaches me.

"No, I suppose not, but you ran yourself ragged today. Tannin and Great Red are doing the best they can to accelerate your growth so you can get back to your family." She sits down next to me. "Red told me you care deeply about your family. I'm sure you want nothing but to be reunited with them."

"Do I deserve to be back with them? I've hurt them time and time again, and now they think I'm dead. Why would they forgive me for that? I'm no better now than I was before." Tiamat puts an arm around me and pulls me close to her. "I don't deserve any of them. They've spent so much of their time and energy trusting me, and I've done nothing but hurt them. Why would they want someone like me back Tiamat?"

"May I ask you something Y/N?" I nod my head. "Before you knew of this supernatural world, what kind of person were you?"

"A terrible one. I used people, lied, cheated, stole, I was no better than a criminal. My mother killed herself to protect me, and my dad was killed by a fallen angel about ten years later. That same fallen angel had fucked me up mentally and I lost myself, leading to the bad things I did. There was no justification for it, and as time went on I got worse and worse. I was a sex fiend with no ability to feel emotion until I became a devil and learned the truth, but now I don't even know if I want it."