To The Top

Before this part gets underway I want to apologize for the delay on this part. I know I took much longer than usual to get this out, but I had to take a break for about a week so I could get my mind right. As of this point, this story has passed 100k reads. I want to thank you all for the support on this story. I never thought I would have achieved something like that, but I've got a post on my profile going more into detail for that. For now, enjoy the longest part I've ever written, and thanks again for all of the support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

Sairaorg and I stare each other down, eerily waiting for the start of the final match in the Rating Game. Everything that has happened since I became a devil has led to this very moment. 

"Ddraig," I say, "be honest with me. Am I ready for this fight?" The dragon starts laughing at me.

"You're really asking me this question right now? You and I both know how this game is going to go. Don't hold anything back in this battle Y/N. Think of your family who were defeated for you to get to this moment." I get a smirk on my face. Sairaorg's face gets a similar look on it.

"I can tell you're ready for this battle Y/N. Let's give it all we have in this battle, for everyone watching as well as the people who were defeated to get us here." I nod to him and the arbiter appears on the battlefield.

"Let the final match of this Rating Game begin!" As soon as he's done talking Sairaorg and I close the gap between each other. He throws a punch at me but I can tell that something is off about him. While each punch still carries the same weight, it's almost like he's fighting in slow motion. With every punch I throw my mind jumps back to everyone who has been taken down, both on our side and on Sairaorg's side. I can only hope that Sairaorg is fighting with the same intent I am, and I won't accept him fighting for any other reason.

3rd Person POV

As the final fight starts to get underway between Y/N and Sairaorg the other people on the battlefield start to face off against each other.

"Take all the time you need," Regulus tells the remaining Rook of Bael. "I've been waiting to get a good fight in." He steps up to fight against the three members of Gremory, but before he does his body starts to transform into a golden lion, his arms and legs turning into the legs of a lion, his simple orange hair becoming a full golden mane. From his back grows a lion's tail, and with a loud roar, he faces down Rias Gremory.

 From his back grows a lion's tail, and with a loud roar, he faces down Rias Gremory

Gasper's eyes get wide at the form that has appeared in front of him. While he's done his best to overcome his general fears, in this current moment all of that work is gone. Rias looks at her two Bishops and gives them a warm smile.

"You two focus on the Rook, I can take care of this one." As Rias approaches her opponent the crowd erupts in applause.

"It can't be," Azazel says. The other people in the booth look over at him. "That's Regulus Nemea. Before it was the lion that fought against Heracles in ancient mythology. After that time it was said to be transformed into a Sacred Gear, one of the thirteen Longinus to be exact. The interesting part is that the former host has been said to be MIA for quite a time. This fight just gets more and more exciting."