The Signal Fire

If you're a Killswitch Engage fan and haven't heard this song, do yourself a favor and do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

"Okay you four, that's enough." I look over at Ophis and she floats down to me. "You did well today Y/N, how do you feel?"

"I feel like this is what I've been missing for the longest time."

"I'm glad. Follow me, I'll take you to a room you can stay in instead of having to stay with me unless you felt more comfortable last night." I shake my head.

"I'll take the extra room." I follow Ophis to the extra room, and while I wasn't expecting much, there's a lot more here than I expected. Inside of the room is a separate bathroom with a shower in it, and from what I can tell it's away from where everyone else is. Ophis leaves and I summon Ddraig. "You there?"

"Yes, I am. You're still questioning whether you made the correct decision or not, aren't you?"

"You know me better than anyone Ddraig, did I?" I hear the Red Dragon sigh.

"I can't make that decision for you Y/N, but as long as your family forgives you it doesn't matter. They'll want you back more than anything Y/N, so at the very least you should try to make that happen quickly." I look towards the window.

"That means I have to get stronger, and fast. They've been on the front of my mind since I got here, the thought that I can come back as a better protector to them as well as a better person. On the other hand, I can't imagine what they might be feeling right now. Sure, I've lost a lot in my life, but would they really be willing to accept me back once this is all over?"

"Y/N, if you have to ask yourself that question then you don't know a damn thing about them. Every single person in that house loves you more than you can even imagine. They look to you as both a benchmark for their strength and a leader when times get tough. They won't ever lose hope that you'll come back to them, and you know just how much you want to return to them. I think you'll be fine Y/N, but all I'll say is don't dawdle around here too long. While I can't help but be hesitant about what Ophis may have in store for you, I'm also under the belief that you can handle it with ease. You're the greatest partner I've ever had Y/N Lucifer, so use that as your fuel to continue growing." I get a smirk on my face and walk over to the window.

"You're right Ddraig. When I get back I'll be able to make up for all of the trouble I've caused by leaving, and they won't ever have to worry about something like that happening again." I look down at my hand and see the two engagement rings on my finger. "Akeno, Rias, take care of everyone until I get home."

The Next Day

The morning comes and I feel rejuvenated from my rest. I go to see Ophis and when I arrive I notice one of the Venoms standing with her.

"It's about time dragon boy," he says.

"Marshall, that's enough. Y/N, this is Blackbeard. Blackbeard, Y/N. There's a conflict going on in the human realm, and I'm going to send the two of you to take care of it. Blackbeard, allow Y/N to spectate and see what you can do, and when the time comes he'll assist you." He looks over at me.

"After you ugly mug." His face contorts in rage but the two of us are brought into a portal and dropped into the human realm. He steps out in front of me and tries to find where the attack is coming from and I decide to take a seat next to a tree. Blackbeard starts attacking the combatants that Ophis sent us after, and while he does that I take the time to passively boost my power while I'm not in battle. No matter what, I'm not letting this guy get back to the base. While he's fighting I take the time to study how he fights, and I'm not that impressed by what I'm seeing. I don't recognize anyone he's fighting against which leads me to believe that these might be members of a faction that I'm not familiar with. Surely Sirzechs and the other faction leaders have still been busy trying to build up their alliances even with me gone.