Snuff

3rd Person POV

"Y/N still hasn't come to join us," Ace says as the Gremory group sits down for dinner. "He's been up there for almost an hour, do you all think he's alright?"

"I don't know," Rias tells him. "I've never seen him like that before. I'll go check on him." Before she can Ace stands up and makes his way towards the stairs.

"Here, allow me. I'll see if I can get through to him." Ace makes his way to the bathroom where Y/N was showering, but as he approaches the door he sees that the lights inside are on, but the water isn't running anymore. "Y/N, if you're still in there we're all about to eat dinner. We can talk if you want, whatever you need." Nothing is heard from the other side of the door, no movement, no response, nothing. Ace reaches for the doorknob and notices the door is unlocked. "That's strange," he mutters to himself. "Y/N, can you at least let me know if you're in there." Again he is met with no response. "You know, we're all worried about you. We know what happened, and we'd be glad to talk it over with you, make things easier. It's never an easy act taking someone's life, especially someone who didn't deserve it in the grand scheme of things." Ace sighs. "Alright Y/N, have it your way, I won't bother you anymore." While he was hoping to get a response out of the Renegade with that statement, instead he was met with silence again. He returns to the dinner table and tells the others what is happening.

"That's odd," Akeno notes. "I feel like he would have at least said something to you instead of just sitting there quietly."

"I know," Ace responds. "The door was unlocked, but out of privacy I decided not to open it." Rias and Akeno look at each other and know what might have happened. The two jump up from the dinner table and make their way to the bathroom, and once they open the door they are met with no Y/N in sight. While it appears that someone had recently been in and taken a shower, there was no other evidence that pointed to Y/N having been in there in the past few minutes. No clothes left on the ground, no dirty towels strewn about. The room was relatively clean, and if you didn't know any better you would think that he had just forgotten to turn the lights off.

"Where could he have gone to?" Rias wonders aloud. "I feel like he would have at least said something to one of us, but he didn't say a word." Before she can continue her thoughts a red magic circle opens up, and through it comes Sirzechs and Grayfia.

"Rias, is Y/N here? I was hoping to speak with him about something." Lucifer's younger sister shakes her head.

"I don't know where he is." She starts to feel tears form at the edge of her eyes, and one starts to drop ever so slowly down her cheek. "He came home from taking on the strays that we were supposed to fight, but the ones that he faced off against were some of his former classmates. He sent his household to come help me and mine, but when he came home he was alone. He didn't say anything to us, he just came upstairs. It looked like something was bothering him, but he didn't tell us what it was." The tears start falling faster down Rias' face. "He's never done this before, and now I have no idea where he is." Sirzechs approaches his sister and gives her a hug.

"We'll find him Rias, I'm sure of it. He couldn't have gone far, at least I don't think he would have. Even if he did, he's a strong person, and he wouldn't have gotten into any situations that he couldn't get himself out of." Vali comes up the stairs and sees the sight in front of him, and he knows well what is happening.

"Y/N," he says quietly as he clenches his fist. "Sirzechs, I'll find Y/N myself. I'm not losing the last bit of family I have left."

"I appreciate the thought Vali, but would you even know where to look?"

"No, but it's better than sitting around here and doing nothing about it." Vali makes his way towards his room to gather his things, but on the way there he's met by Rias and Akeno.