Chapter XI: You shouldn't

"Hi, it's me again.. i hope I'm not being a trouble to you. It's just that, i like you Mina.. i really do.

I don't know how many times i mentioned it, but you look really pretty. Like very, very pretty.

You're the only girl that had me going crazy like this. This might be my 7th? 8th letter?

And i won't stop, even how much i have to send you these. Because i love you, i do Mina. Please give me a chance.

~Sincerely to yours"

"It's written on a baby blue paper. It's like.. no, that's impossible." Mina shook her head as she tries to forget every little thing that's connected to whatever Chaeyoung was doing that day.

She's assuming things again, it's so wrong.

But somehow, this letter makes her feel something new.

It's not like the previous letters, why though? She can't pin point it, but there's something off.

A different beat will play and an unusual sensation will build.

It played inside her head again, it won't shut up. Maybe her unnie is right?

And it's schocking how she felt it while reading the letter and when she's near Chaeyoung. Goosebumps, and that electricity down her spine, at the same time! Crazy.

Crumpling the paper, then she sighed. That's the least thing she could do right now. She's so confused.

She feels like she's near knowing something, but something is also stopping her. It's weird, it's scary.

"Why do i feel like I'm doing something so wrong?" She mumbles the words as she enters her class.

As she saw Chaeyoung sitting on the chair, it all came back. The yesterday's events came flashing back, and it hurts a lot, so badly.

"No, silly. You.. i like you." With full courage, Mina spoke what's been bothering her for days.

Chaeyoung tightly gripped on the end of her skirt, like she's so afraid of something. "You shouldn't." She said.

Mina is still smiling when she asks,"What?" Maybe she just misheard Chaeyoung, or Chaeyoung could've misheard her.

"I- i mean.. uh.." Chaeyoung can't seem to find the words to say, "Sorry, you must be surprised." Mina said, just wanting to end the conversation she started.

"No, it's- don't be sorry." Chaeyoung said, still unsure on what she's about to say, "It's just.. how should i even start? Hm.." she thinks and thinks, until Mina uttered her own conclusion on why Chaeyoung can't talk.

"Don't you like me too?" Mina asked, yeah, maybe that it, maybe Chaeyoung is just afraid to reject her.

"Mina, it's not easy as you think it is." Chaeyoung quickly said.

"Huh?" Mina is confuse, what's not easy about it? She has to know.

Chaeyoung blinks a couple of times, "Look, you just can't- you can't like me." She spoke.

"What?" Lots of questions are stacking up high inside Mina's usually organized mind. But it all went scrambled when this girl named Chaeyoung came to the scene.

Chaeyoung sighed, not knowing what proper way to do it. "Damn, uh.. I'll explain you later. Meet me at the cafeteria." She said, easing the tension a bit.

But yaht didn't do any good for Mina, she's still puzzled as fuck.

"If that's what you want." Mina lowers her head, fidgeting with her fingers is the only way she knows how to hide her indescribable emotions.

Is she being rejected? Mina is not sure.

Maybe Chaeyoung doesn't want girls liking her? Mina is not well aware.

Did she did something wrong for Chaeyoung to act that way? Well, she doesn't know too.

All she knows is.. she just express her true feelings.

And that's what she thinks is right.

--

"Mina."

She suddenly heard her name being called out.

Then she felt her shoulders being shaked.

"H-huh?" She flinched back to reality, they're at the library.

"You're spacing out again." Oh it's just her Nayeon unnie.

"I'm sorry, it must be because of the nearing tests." Mina said as she massage her temples. Right, the tests are nearing.. she should focus.

"And that is one of the proofs how education can also ruin a human's brain." Nayeon rants as she close her book that she's been pretending to read awhile ago.

Mina sighed, nothing will change.. Nayeon unnie and her own Sana unnie will hate school more than anything.

"What are you saying again?" She asked.

Nayeon leans forward, "I told you, it's her." She whispers.

"It can't be, that's ridiculous." Mina said as she flips the book cover open.

"You're already ridiculously in love, what are you saying?" Nayeon said, yes, it's true, she's really in love. But not with the letter guy, or girl.. she doesn't really know at this point.

"Here we go again."

"Yes, and i will repeat it endlessly until you believe me. I saw her for god's sake." Nayeon defends herself like she's in the courtroom.

"Do you have proofs?" Mina tries to end it with the question she knows Nayeon can't answer.

But turns out that the girl has the right thing for that.

"Here." Nayeon sneakily hands her phone underneath the table, so Mina could have a good look at it.

"See?" Nayeon smiled, how the taste of victory can be this delightful.

Mina shuts the phone off after seeing it, "But why?" She asked. More like she asked herself.

The picture, it's her.. Mina thought

"Hmm?" Nayeon asked as she hummed.

Mina shook her head, maybe she's seeing things. She can't just accept the fact. She knows every bit of detail of that girl, she could never get it wrong.

"Nothing, I'll go now unnie." Mina packs her stuff quite agressively that made Nayeon scoots back.

Before she could even forget about it, she hand Nayeon her phone back, "Where are you up to know? Why do you always run away like this?" Nayeon said as she still at the phase of thinking why Mina is acting weird as fuck.

"Sorry! I need to talk to someone." Mina waves her hand a sign of goodbye and seconds later, she's out of Nayeon's sight.