Chapter VIII: Attraction

"Ah, the last letter. Finally!" Chaeyoung enthusiastically said as she put the said letter inside her bag.

"God.. I want that lego set so bad!" She jumps and hit her head on one of the fancy dangling elementary paper project.

"Oh shit." She said as she felt her head bump on it.

Good thing she didn't did any damaged, geez, she needs to be careful. She doesn't wanna die till she got her hands on that toy.

She heard laughter, must've been the kids who saw her.

"Pfft, kids.." she said in disbelief.

This is the final straw, she's getting the lego set she's been dreaming of. One last insert of that love letter inside that locker, and it's mission success.

On her way to Mina's locker and she's already smiling from ear to ear. It's hard to contain the emotions she's getting, because finally.. this stupid letter delivery will end soon.

"I'm here for the delivery." Chaeyoung mumbled as she unzipped her bag.

But what she saw made her heart sank, "What the?" Her eyes widened at the sight; envelope soaked with strawberry juice, barely holding into one piece.

"Shit." She cursed as she gave herself a good facepalm.

"It must've been the way i jumped earlier, fuck. How immature that is."

The strawberry juice inside her bag might've spilled from how she jumped recklessly earlier. What a mistake.

"Now what?" She asks herself.

As if she can ask Hyunjae for another letter, when she knew by heart how Hyunjae prepared for this last love letter. The boy literally poured his heart and soul to it.

It was a disaster, she has to resolve this.. and fast.

"Classes will begin soon, what the fuck Son Chaeyoung?" She gritted her teeth as she threw the strawberry juice that have cause all this problem.

She took the soaked paper, tried to read what's in it. But it's impossible, she can't distinguish a single letter, it's ruined.. totally.

"There's no other way, he's busy with his class too."

Chaeyoung raked her hair and went to her first class to start this day.

--

"Chaeyoung." Mina called.

"Mina, why?" Chaeyoung asked as she abruptly hid the paper.

"What's that?" Mina asked, the two are sitting next each other, therefore.. Mina got curious on what her artsy classmate is up to.

It must a another work of art. Mina thought.

But it's not, it's a work under construction.

"N-nothing." Chaeyoung awkwardly smiled, so suspicious. Damn it.

"Oh come on, what is it?" Mina isn't giving up.

Must be the thought of learning another new art strategy, or just for plain intention. She likes to talk to Chaeyoung.

After that art class tutorial, she could never not think about her cute art mentor. Quite bazaar, but that's what keeps running inside her head for days.

"It's nothing special, look! Teacher's here." Chaeyoung distracted as she swiftly dragged all the possible evidence of the letter making shit. She put it all inside her bag.

"It's just our classmate." Mina said, disappointed how Chaeyoung tricked her, "What are you hiding?" Mina squints her eyes, like tryna solve a spooky mystery with her own hands.

Chaeyoung leans back, Mina is getting way too close. "Nothing, just- sketching some stuff." She reasoned.

"Kinda sketchy to me." Mina spoke as she sat properly on her seat. "Uhm.. where did you get that by the way?" Mina points at the latter's desk.

"Oh this? Uh.. my- a friend gave it, yeah."

Get it together Son Chaeyoung! She scold herself. This is getting difficult as a second pass. Why is there teacher not coming? Did she take the long way? Ah fuck, Chaeyoung is running out of words here. SOS.

"Lovely sticker, I've been seeing that lately." Mina said, somehow she figures it out already. But she's still not sure though, so she has to pick and solve the puzzle first.

"Yeah, it is. Lots of colors too." Chaeyoung agrees, this conversation is going nowhere, it's shitty as fuck. Sticker talk? When was the last time she thought that the rainbow sticker is worth a conversation starter?

"With glitters." Mina said, "Yeah.. with glitters, too." Chaeyoung said.

"Do you have an interest on.."

"On?"

"Writing letters, perhaps?"

"Why?" Chaeyoung asked. Hands trembling, she can't get caught. Not now, she has to get that lego set.

"Nothing." Mina breathed. But from the looks of it, there's really something. "I often receive letters with that specific glimmer, that sticker to be exact." Mina spoke.

"Guess.. you must be popular with the boys." Chaeyoung uttered, she's starting to make lame reasons.. it's hard.

"It's more.. more with the girls." Mina giggled.

Is she doing this on purpose? Chaeyoung thought. Is she caught?

"Oh."

"Yeah, believe it or not. I get most of the letters from girls. It's amazing though."

"Don't you feel bothered?"

"Not really, especially when i knew.."

"Knew what?"

"When i knew that I'm attracted to people with the same gender like us."

"So, you're saying.."

"Yeah, you got it." Mina laughs, Chaeyoung smiled to not make it feel any more awkward.

Dang, she's a lesbian? Chaeyoung thought.