Chapter 19

Maggie promised me she would only make herself visible to me. I wanted her there with me. First I went to my sisters room. Jamie was texting her heart out. As usual. I went in her room. Yup,without knocking. Jamie looked over at me. "Why are you in here?" "Look,I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry I broke your snow globe. Im sorry I deleted your favorite songs off of your Ipod. I'm sorry when I was eight I colored all over your Katy Perry poster. I'm sorry.....that you've done so much for me and I never thanked you for it. You know I love you,right?"

She stared at me. She stood up and put her phone down. "Of course I know that. I have a lot to apologize for too. Your a pain sometimes but I love you." So we did the mushy thing we never did. We hugged. Maggie just looked on,grinning. I grinned right back.

This was going to be hard. I had Jamie meet Mom and I in the family room. I stood up. "Look, I haven't been honest with you. When dad died and I started a new school,I didn't have any friends. I didn't know what to do. I met some friends." I glanced at Maggie. "They were steeling and commiting crimes. I decided to go along. I was skipping school. I started shoplifting." It was pouring out of me. Mom and Jamie listened quietly. "I learned that this was not what I wanted. I made huge mistakes. Huge. I'm sorry. I'm so,so,so sorry."

I started crying. Mom came and hugged me tightly. "Its okay. We've all made mistakes. The important thing is that you learned and were able to tell us." Even Jamie came over and joined the hug. I knew we are okay.