Chapter 18

The stone broke instantly. As soon as my foot made contact with it, the red glow sputtered,then went out. Maggie pushed Fawn off of her,knowing that it was all over.

Fawn wasn't taking it well. "No! What have you done?" She started to fade. Literary, she was fading. She turned pale and just kept fading,till she wasn't even there anymore. Her screams died down.

Maggie and I stared at each other. It was over,finally.

"Thanks Tara. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you." Then she hugged me. For the first time I realized how cold she was. I couldn't hold it back any longer. I started to sob. Maggie was there for me. She saved my life,more than once. "What are you crying about? We won! Fawns gone! Forever!" "Its not that." I wimpered. "What's gonna happen to you? Your gonna leave! Aren't you?" Maggie smiled. "What makes you think I'm just going to leave you? Your the only true friend I ever had. I need you,and you need me." "Thank goodness! I thought I lost you." We've been through so much together. Hopefully, we wont ever have to say goodbye.

Theres one more thing I had to do. I went over to the willow tree. I wrote........

Maggie and

Tara's tree

Looking at the garden,the willow tree, and Maggie,some things are worth fighting for.