Chapter 1

The Garden on Willow Street  

By: alexistorer

A shreiking alarm filled the air. "What......." I looked at my digital clock. 6:00 am. I wished for some sort of mirical. Like today wasn't Monday, It was really Sunday OR There was a big holiday I haven't noticed. I rolled myself out of bed somehow. I barely looked at the clothes I pulled out of my closet. It ended up being a pair of jeans, A grey t-shirt,and sneakers. With my hair in a pony tail I stalked down the stairs. I helped myself to a burnt piece of toast and some stale orange juice, with pulp.  

My older sister, Jamie, gave me a disgusted look just like every morning as she sees what I am wearing. She has always been the fashionista of the family. It was more than that, the disapproval in her eyes, I don't know why she always hated me but that's how it always was.  

I walked outside without saying anything else. Fawn, my best friend, was waiting on the sidewalk. Along side her, our newest recruit, Danny Richbury. He looked nervous, but so did I when I came to Fawn for help 

"Come on Tara! We have to map out our plan!" She yelled.Fawn was the one who started the PCC, which stood for Professional Criminal Crew. She had also taken me under her wing when I started a new school after my dad died. I never talk about my dad to anyone. I guess I would be considered a criminal. When he died, I felt like I lost every thing. I started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Before I knew it,I was ditching school, stealing and sneaking out of the house at night. Mom and Jamie have no clue what I was doing. 

Walking along the sidewalk, Fawn explained the rules about being in the PCC. " First, you cant tell anyone about what were doing and going. Not even your friends or parents. Second,do not blame us if you get caught or hurt. Third and finally, you either come along or not at all. Clear?"  

Danny thought for a minute. Then responded "Clear."  

Fawn seemed satisfied. " Now,to the club house."