Chapter 7

I diverted my attention from the tree to get a good look at the rest of the garden. Not that there was much to look at. Weeds all around, wilted flowers of every kind, and who knows what else. Right know, the only thing that mattered to me,was finding out who Maggie is and what she wants.

I got down on my knees and looked through the grass. Where was it? I had a feeling I might be able to contact her if I could just find the plaque. "Looking for this?" My heart skipped a few beats. I looked up into tree. A girl swung her legs from a branch. In her hands, was the plaque.

She just looked at me with her pale grey eyes. Her long, stringy blonde hair blew in the wind. She didn't even seem bothered by the fact that it must have been 30° out. All she was wearing was a white t-shirt, Jean shorts, black tights, and white tennis shoes. This girl must be an idiot, was my first thought. My second thought was, is it possible? "Maggie?"

Her full red lips parted,revealing too white too be true, straight teeth. "So. Looking good for a dead chick right?" I don't get it. She looks solid. I tried to say something but somehow the words couldn't come out. So she took it from there. "I know your Tara, you know I'm Maggie. Don't pretend otherwise. I wrecked your room and I drew that picture on your mirror. Ive been watching er,observing you. I can honestly say,your my type of girl, Tara."

Remember when I ran from the police and I said I'd never been so scared in my life? Well ....scratch that. Now I'd never been so scared in my life.

Then I screamed.