Chapter 8

So as I stood there, screaming like a freak, Maggie watched. No expression,she just waited for me to finish. "Are you done?" Actually I think I have a few more left in me. "Before I ask you a favor, I think we should get to know each other." She was like Fawn. Demanding and straight to the point. OH MY GOSH FAWN! I forgot all about the PCC! I looked at my watch. 1:45. I was due back at the club house by 1:30! "Look, Maggie,I got to go. But are you ......real? Or dead? Or. ......look I gotta go. Bye." As I turned to go she said "See you at home"

I turned. Talk about a stalker. "What do you mean?I 'm leaving." she smirked. "You don't get do you? I can follow you whether I get permission or not."

I was slightly scared but why would I let Maggie know? I decided my only option was to jump the fence. And so I did.

When I got to the club house, I thought about the fate that would await me. I took a deep breath and pushed the creaky door open. Everyone turned to stare. "About time you decided to show up. Where have you been?" Fawn was realy mad! I've never seen anyones face turn as red as hers did. "I'm sorry I know I'm late. I...um...." I needed to think of an excuse. "My mother called.She..uh.. apparently wanted me to leave school to go stay with Jamie. Shes sick. You know, the flu." I plastered a, hopefully, believable smile on my face. "So....what did I miss?" Fawn gave me a weird look for a while then said. "Nothing. MEETINGS OVER! Go home you insignificant dweebs of society!" Everyone filled out the door without saying a word to me.

So I left,and started my walk home.