13. Rookie 10 Showdown!

Team 7 was now at the entrance of room 301. The only thing in their way was Kakashi, standing infront of the door.

"Glad you came, Sakura. For your sake and the others." says Kakashi.

This makes the Genin's eyes widen.

"Now you can all formally register for the Chunin Exam." he explains. "Why? What do you mean?" asked the confused Sakura.

"You see.. only groups with every member active are allowed to enter. It's always been that way." he explains once again. "But sensei, you said the decision to take the exam was up to the individual." she retorts.

"I did." he says calmly.

"So was that a lie?" she questions again.

Kakashi looks out of the window, "Sort of. It is an individual decision, but it effectives all of you. I didn't tell you before because I didn't want the other guys pressuring you."

"At the same time, I didn't want you feeling obliged to participate because of any feelings you might have for Sasuke, or Naruto. I wanted you to come to a decision on your own free will." he continued.

"Wait a minute. Do you mean if the others had shown up and I decided not to come with them..." she cuts herself off. "It would have been the end of the line. If you hadn't come along, I couldn't have let the others in." he finishes for her.

"But it's a moot point, you're all here and for the right reasons!"

"Sakura!"

"Miyo!"

"Naruto!"

"and Sasuke!"

He gives them a close eyed smile, "I'm proud of you! I couldn't ask for a better team." he moves out of the way of the door, "Good luck."

"We won't let you down sensei! Believe it!" shouted Naruto as team 7 walked into room 301.

The Team was finally in the room, only to be met with an unexpected sight.

"Woah! What's this?!" asked the nervous Naruto.

Sasuke narrows his eyes.

"Geez! I guess we're not alone!" Sakura shouted to herself.

'What a bunch of fruitcakes, not a single challenge in here!' Miyo thinks angrily to herself as she studies the room.

They were all being stared at by 100+ genin that were taking the exam, some looked very intimidating.

'Man! I had no idea there'd be this much competition! If being scary looking was on the test, they've got me beat!' Sakura nervously thinks to herself.

Footsteps could be heard approaching the group, "Sasuke! Where've you been?!" excitedly asks Ino as she hops on Sasukes back, "Boy you have no idea how much I was hoping you'd show up here! I've missed those broody good looks of yours!"

Sakura gains an irk mark, "Hey you, porker! Back off! He's mine!" she shouts while pointing at Ino, "Ms Forehead, they let you in?! Still got those big frown lines on that billboard brow of yours I see!" she claps back.

"Leave my forehead out of it!" Sakura yells back, Ino adding more fire to the flame by sticking her tongue out at Sakura.

Team Asumas group finally walks up, "Oh it's you guys. I knew this was gonna be a drag, but I didn't know it was gonna be this lame!" says Shikamaru with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh hey look, the 3 stooges are here!" Naruto shouts at them.

"Hey! You know what, pip-squeak?! Awe forget it... you're a waste of time!" Shikamaru yells back.