𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

結語 || epilogue

結語 || epilogue

          BLACK HEAVENS DRAPED UPON THE SKY

BLACK HEAVENS DRAPED UPON THE SKY. Asteroids rekindled the plain blanket of the twilight yonder. Tonight's essence left a wistful aura, unlike any other night, for some reason.

Inked piles of papers were sprawled over the wooden table. Thousands of words were scribbled on a book, and azure eyes traveled from a word to the end of the sentence, furiously feeding in the information.

The book was left open on page two hundred twenty-four. A crumpled torn page lounged beside a trash can. One book from a shelf adjacent to him is misaligned. Blood smudged on his thumb from a paper cut.

It felt a little too familiar yet he can't quite remember why. He was sure this exact scenario has happened before. Perhaps it's just déjà vu or something.

Soft purrs from the kittens lent him a source of solace, their feline paws making the lightest of sound. An indistinct radio in the background played, its volume level below half.

Since an hour ago, he has already closed the pet shop as the owner told him to do. But tomorrow is his finals, and bathing in this calm atmosphere that he rarely finds had him stick to the chair for a little while longer to study.

Supple, index finger tapped on the wooden table, and then it stopped when the radio switched to a different song.

"Next up on NHK-FM: [song title] by [alias], featuring Matsuno Chifuyu. What a nostalgic song, eh? It's been four full years, but [alias]'s voice never left the popular song charts! May you rest in peace, [alias]."

Harmonic notes churned out by her were escorted by the radio, and her voice will always be his oldest memory of her. Why did it feel like a poignant, requiem to him, though? Like an elegy of some sort.

Featuring Matsuno Chifuyu, he scoffed. That was him trying to convince himself that his past was but a trivial one. Albeit no lie could ever bury the painful pang in his heart.