³¹payphone

電話 || payphone

電話 || payphone

          HEART POUNDED TOO MUCH, ESCAPING HIS RIBCAGE; it pounded nonstop until his breathing hitched, not taking even a pint of oxygen

The news told him he might as well be dead.

"Chifuyu, that's what I wanted to talk about with you." she morosely gulped, nibbling on her lips.

"You're leaving me?" his voice was so fragile, ready to break anytime.

Some weight, a heavy one at that, overcast the atmosphere, creating a disturbing tension. And no, it wasn't going to mellow out any sooner, so her manager fled the vicinity to lend them privacy.

"It'll only be for eight months or something, Chifuyu. I promise I'll be back as soon as possible. Let's text and call each other every day."

Well, he can't leave Toman or his school. Plus, she'll be bedridden in a private hospital every single day once she travels west.

No, his heart isn't trained for this, and neither is hers. All of this is hard to accept. For them, eight months seems too long, a little too long. A day without each other already feels like a week, let alone eight months.

Chifuyu swallowed, thinking deeper into things even if he knows his impractical decision won't change her own choices. She's not that stupid to stay here with him until she runs out of days to live, rather, she'd leave him for a while, and then be with him for the rest of her life.

Anyway, her health is on life support and only the doctors from across the globe can cure her tainted heart. It's the only way to pursue their careers—to forfeit their own wants right now for a better future.

So, how did he end up in the same car as her, following the road towards the airport with her in his arms? That's easy, he wants the best for her.