『Rengoku Senjuro X Child!Reader』

Title: Flower Crowns
Genre: Fluff
(Note: You're about the same age as Senjuro, okay?)

You were currently at Senjuro's residence, waiting for him to come out. You went to his house to ask him if he could play with you again.

He had to go get permission and once he was in sight, you waited for him. He waved at you and you did so too. [That rhymes-]

"Come on!" you half-yelled to the younger Rengoku before holding his wrist tight and pulling him to your usual playing spot. He just let you drag him, happy that you actually want to play with him.

Both of you sat down at one of the trees before you got up and picked some flowers. You made sure to pick the attractive ones before weaving them into a nice flower crown.

"Woah! How do you do that, (Y/N)-chan?" he asked, clearly amazed.

"It's very easy, Senjuro! Here let me teach you how." you offered.

You told him to pick some flowers for the flower crown that he was going to make and once he came back, you started teaching him.

"So, you have to tie this stem here with this one..." you started, helping him.

He soon got the hang of it, grateful that you even taught him. After a while, your flower crown was done and you nearly put it to his head, making him stop what he was doing.

"(Y/N)-chan? Isn't this yours?" he asked, crossing his eyes while seeming to look up.

"Nope! I made it for you!" you giggled.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-chan!"

"No problem!"

•••

Both of you were now running around a nice warm meadow, enjoying the sunny day. The flower crown that Senjuro made had been placed neatly on top of your head.

Both of you held hands tightly, making sure that no one loses the other. Both of you went to the pond you guys always go to.

Once you arrived, you looked over at the pond only to see the same fishes swimming around like yesterday. Both of you again tried to remember the names you both gave to these fishes and it just ended up getting mixed.

"This one's Hana, right?" you asked, him confused.

He looked as confused as you, "I think that one's Hana."

"Hey that's probably Tsumi..."

After a few more minutes of trying to name them all again, you both gave up before returning back home. It was already three pm and in a few hours, the sun will set. [Dangerous, innit?]

Both of you walked towards the direction to both of your houses, talking about how wonderful the day had been.

You were nearing your house and you saw your mother immediately, walking over to the both of you with a tray in her hands.

"Hi mother!" you greeted her, curious about what the tray contained.

"Hi dear, hi Senjuro-kun. Come here, you both must be tired after playing all day, hmm?" she asked sweetly, ushering the both of you inside the house.

"Come on Senjuro!" you called, making him sit beside you. He obliged shyly, still not used to such treatment.

"Here you go! Enjoy, okay?" your mother said while putting some dorayakis in a tray.

"Thank you, (L/N)-san." Senjuro said, looking at your mother.

Your mother smiled at the both of you. She liked the fact that you have someone to play with and a very good kid for that matter. She knows how Senjuro feels so that's why she does what she can do make him feel at home.

You smiled brightly at your mother before picking and eating one of the snacks. You looked at Senjuro only to see you with tears in his eyes, threatening to spill.

"Senjuro-kun, are you okay?" you asked him, placing a hand on his back in attempt to comfort him.

"Yeah. It's just that... You and your mother are so kind to me..." he muttered, wiping his eyes.

You smiled at him, rubbing his back. You also know how he feels but you never bug him about it.

"Listen, we're always here, okay? Now come on, let's eat. They taste yummy." you offers which he didn't refuse.

"Thank you (Y/N)-chan. Thank you very much." he said before taking a bite.

"I really didn't do anything, Senjuro-kun! Jeez stop crying! Don't cry now, only tears of joy in this house!" you claimed, waving your hands in front of him.

He just laughed at you before wiping his eyes again, this time appreciating you and your mother.

He was really grateful.