6-What Happened Yesterday?

Hu Tao woke up as usual and thought about what had happened yesterday, It was very eventful.

They kissed, and then got unfortunately interrupted by Congzi.

A knock at the parlor echoed, and Hu Tao ran over to it and opened it.

There, Congzi stood, her eyes a little puffy but her face was covered in makeup.

''What do you need, Congzi?'' Hu Tao said cheerfully, she didn't want to remember yesterday despite her kissing Yanfei.

''I wanted to apologize for my actions, Hu Tao. Please may you let me inside so we could have a proper chat?''Congzi asked in a sad tone.

''Oh um sure!'' Hu Tao giggled awkwardly.

They both took a seat at a table in the corner of the parlor and Congzi stuffed her face with tissues.

''So, what would you like to speak to me about?'' Hu Tao questioned, although she already knew the answer.

''I wanted to apologize and say I am so deeply sorry. My actions were so immature of me, and I knew I musn't let my feelings out of control. I hope you can accept my apology and after this incident we can live at peace as far away from each other as possible.'' Congzi stated, stuffing herself with tissues. It sounded almost genuine, but something was off. It bugged Hu Tao a lot.

''Of course I forgive you,'' Hu Tao accepted her apology and gestured for Congzi to take her leave. Congzi did as was suggested and left in an instant, not even saying a goodbye.

''That felt quite strange to you, did it Hu Tao?'' Zhongli asked.

''Yes, something is off about her.'' Hu Tao replied to him.

''She may strike twice.'' Zhongli sighed, ''Anyways do you have any work for me to do, director?''

''No, no, not today. You're free to go wherever you please and do whatever you want today,'' Hu Tao said and left, in search for Yanfei or Yuijing Terrace. In the way, she bumped into Madame Ping. 

''Oh good morning, child,'' Madame Ping said, smiling warmly.

''Oh good morning Madame! Enjoy your splendid morning!'' Hu Tao said.

Madame Ping was a little in shock since Hu Tao hadn't offered any crazy deals and so she smiled and waved.

''Where could Yanfei be...'' Hu Tao trailed off.

''Boo!'' Yanfei said, scaring Hu Tao.

''AAA!'' Yanfei giggled at Hu Tao's little scream, ''Heyyy, not fair!'' Hu Tao frowned and crossed her arms.

''Anyways, what are you doing here on Yuijing Terrace today?'' Yanfei asked.

''Well I have an off day and I want to speak to you about something,'' Tao asked, and Yanfei had a gut feeling in her stomach that it was about yesterday.

''Well.. I am actually busy. Possibly later..?'' Yanfei said.

''Oh sure, when and where?'' Yanfei ignored Hu Tao's comment and walked away.

''Oh... I'll catch up to her later,'' Hu Tao thought.

A few hours later, Hu Tao kept chasing after Yanfei, but Yanfei ignored her every time until... 

Yanfei sighed, ''Fine, take a seat.'' 

''Alright.'' Hu Tao took a seat, and breathed heavily, ''Yanfei what was that kiss yesterday.. what happened, Yanfei?'' 

''Nothing...'' Yanfei was blushing deep inside, covered by her tired expression.

''Yanfei, the suspense is killing me, what am I to you?'' Hu Tao screamed a little, tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

''Please, nothing happened, you're dreaming. All that happened was that Congzi confessed to me and I declined it. I'm sorry, Hu Tao.'' Yanfei tried to avert her eyes away from Hu Tao's teary eyes.

''So does that mean that kiss meant nothing... why would you kiss me then?'' Hu Tao screamed out. Suddenly the atmosphere was louder and blocked out all of Hu Tao's loud crying. Yanfei's expression was a little heartbreaking too, but Yanfei tried to calm Hu Tao down, she touched Hu Tao's hand nicely and gently and Hu Tao began to breathe more calmly.

''I'm so sorry Hu Tao, I didn't know you didn't want it... I didn't want it either, but feelings were behind it I swear Tao. Please just forgive and forget this occurance. I would love to continue being your friend though,'' Hu Tao smiled nicely and wiped her tears away. Deep inside, this hurt Hu Tao very much. How awkward would it be after this?

''May I treat you to a meal?'' Yanfei asked.

''Oh sure,'' Hu Tao said, quietly. She was calm on the outside, but on the inside her heart was shattered. She had never had these feelings before and a simple kiss rejected all of the feelings. Hu Tao held onto those sparks of hope and thought that things would get better, and they might have.

They both ordered and got their food. They both ate happily and talked for hours and hours until Xiangling had to kick them out.

''Hu Tao, please can you stay, I need to speak to you,'' Xiangling said sweetly. Yanfei smiled and waved to Hu Tao as a sign of goodbye.

''Hu Tao..'' Xiangling asked sadly.

''Oh yes, what do you need?'' Hu Tao smiled, it didn't look like her usual smiles, it looked fake.

''Are you alright? Has something happened between you and Yanfei...?'' Xiangling asked.

''Yes, yes a lot has happened so much help me please.'' Hu Tao's fake smile broke and she crumbled to pieces, crying and crying as she explained everything.

''Oh my, if there's anything I could do, please, please come to me, I'll help you happily.'' Xiangling said, Guoba came over carrying Hu Tao's favorite dish. Steamed fish with a side of prawn dumplings.

''Thank you! Thank you!'' Hu Tao had seemed to cheer up a little and Xiangling comforted her by just sitting there and watching her eat happily. Xiangling rested her chin on her palm and smiled happily.

''Maybe Tao isn't that bad.. she has went through so much.. she deserves at least a friend... and that could be me.'' Xiangling thought.

''Thank you so much for the food again, how could I ever repay you?'' Hu Tao said. She seemed so out of character, so genuine. Xiangling smiled and shook her head.

''No need, enjoy your day,'' Xiangling hugged Hu Tao and Guoba did too. Hu Tao felt happy, felt confident, felt loved. Hu Tao loved this feeling and wished it could never end. She whispered her thank you's and gleefully walked away.

Around the corner, Hu Tao's facial expressions changed to sadness. People walked past, confused and almost sorry for her. She was looking sadly at the floor, walking through the crowds of people quietly and sadly. People would rather have seen Hu Tao pestering and scaring and frightening people. Rather than this horribly upset mess.

''Why is this happening to me. What have I done? I just want Yanfei to love me back. Is that so much to ask? What if I hide myself from the world.. what if I leave. What if..''

And suddenly, Hu Tao heard a familiar voice.

''Yes, she fell for it. Pathetic, pathetic.'' A stupid, twisted laugh was let out of Congzi's mouth,

''What, you tricked the prankster?''

''The pest, Hu Tao?''

Hu Tao felt de-humanized. She was lied to, she was bullied. Everyone hated her, only her. What if Hu Tao just disappeared from the world without a trace? Would people even care? Would people even shed a tear to her disappearance? Was she really not that important? Thoughts and questions raced through Hu Tao's mind.

''I just wanted to live life to the fullest, to experience being loved back. But I can't even have that.'' Hu Tao screamed loudly and people on the streets stopped and stared at her.

''WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS JUST LIKE ME? WHY DO YOU BULLY ME? WHAT HAVE I DONE?''

Yanfei noticed these shouts.

Everyone did.