4-Preparation For The Lantern Rite

''Hmm, maybe I should buy my own lantern? But I cannot go near Congzi... does anybody else sell a goddamn lantern??!!''

It had been around a month and two weeks since most of the Congzi drama. Yanfei and Hu Tao grew closer and closer in that time period and Hu Tao had stopped committing crimes because of how much Yanfei's schedule had cleared up and now she could spend as much time as she'd like... only one worry lingered in Tao's mind.

''What if her schedule goes back to being crowded..? Then I'd have to make every single person hate me all for Yanfei's precious time... Let's just hope that doesn't happen.'' This thought wouldn't go away even with how much Hu Tao had pushed it away; it still wouldn't budge.

''ZHONGLI! Just the person I need.'' Hu Tao said, cheerfully.

''What do you need Director?'' He asked, pleased to see Hu Tao more cheerful than ever.

''Well haha... you know how I got a restraining order put against me and Congzi? Well that means I can't go near her lantern shop and I'm not sure anybody in Liyue also sells lanterns. Could you help out a little?'' Hu Tao asked a little agitated but happy overall.

''Quite a strange request, Hu Tao. You usually don't engage yourself with 'silly' traditions. What is with the sudden change of heart?'' Zhongli questioned, already half-expecting the answer. (Yanfei)

''Well.. I have heard that Yanfei usually attends the festival and I wanted to give it my best shot!'' Hu Tao exclaimed, jumping in the air filled with happiness. 

''I could do that for you, but sadly I do not have enough time. Things have come up with a clients daughter and sickness and I must take care of that. Try your best though, Hu Tao.'' Zhongli patted her on the back and walked away, leaving Hu Tao there dumbfounded.

''Well... this surely cannot ruin my day; I do not allow it! I'll somehow make a lantern myself?'' Hu Tao began to question her strange way of thinking.

''Right right! Materials? Lights and candles?? Wait.. why am I panicking when I'm not sure if I even have a chance to go with Yanfei to celebrate... I've planned so much out and what if it all goes to waste? No I must not let that happen! Okay okay, I'll write a letter inviting her and maybe her grandma to go? But what if we kiss... I surely don't want her grandma seeing that!'' Hu Tao complained and her thoughts were just as loud as her voice, and people looked at Hu Tao with weird looks. They didn't understand what she was rambling about, though.

When Hu Tao had finished dealing with her thoughts, she finally figured out what had to be done.

''Right, I'll write a letter first and then I'll get to dealing with making a lantern if she does end up accepting my letter...'' Hu Tao had no time to lose so she quickly ran to a few stalls and bought nice stationary, paper and cute stickers. (even a small bear charm and a moon and sun charm)

When Hu Tao got to the parlor, she wasted no time at all. She immediately unwrapped her packages and things she bought and already started writing the letter.

Around half an hour later, the letter was done, little stickers brightening up the page and the charms carefully tucked into the envelope, all snug.

''How will I deliver this...? Maybe she's doing more bamboo shoot picking or even like noticilious jade mining or something stupid... I'm scared to go to her table and see Congzi there; but it's worth a shot I guess!'' Hu Tao thought, and set off for Yuijing Terrace where Yanfei is usually found.

''Heyhey Yanfei!'' Hu Tao screamed her name whilst running up to her.

''Oh hey Hu Tao! What do you need?'' Yanfei smiled sweetly. She was growing very happy because Hu Tao stopped committing crimes and stopped giving her a headache.