Wilhelm

I am stirring. I am finally getting the chance to awake from the all consuming darkness that engrossed me. I am opening my eyes after the struggle and pain of trying to escape. The darkness gave in and now I'm awake. Barely. But still awake.

I am finally opening my eyes, grounding myself back in reality. But as I begin to come back down to earth, I realise something. Something strange. Something unfamiliar. I'm not in my bedroom. I'm not even in my house, I am not in the place where I was before, where Simon told me he loved me. And where I died, temporarily. Or at least I hope it was temporary.

Where am I?

How did I get here?

Why am I here?

I have so many questions and definitely no answers. I need to find someone, anyone. I need to find the answers. Then I realise this isn't just any random room. It isn't any place I have ever been before or even a place I have seen before. It's a hospital room. It's a private hospital room.

Why am I in the hospital? I know that I passed out on my bedroom floor or at least I believe that's what happened. But how did I get here? Did someone find me. If someone did find me then who?  Was it my Mother, my Father or any number of my other relatives. I see an IV in my arm and an oxygen mask over my mouth. Why?

What happened to me?

Then suddenly, My Mother bursts into the room, with a disturbed look upon her face.

She begins to say "Wille, you're awake thank God, I was starting to really panic. Are you okay?

I really want to get out of here before the press get wind of this little 'incident'." She continues.

Of course all my Mother cares about is the press, the news, the papers. I am always an after thought to her. Her duty, her country and the image of our perfect family always comes first. But let's not get into that today. As I don't have the energy or strength.

I pull down my oxygen mask so I'm able to speak and I reply "Yeah, I'm okay. Can we please get out of here I want to go?"

"Yes Wille, the doctor said we can go as soon as we are ready, your father is signing the discharge paperwork. What happened to you, I was so worried?"

"Umm- I'm not sure what happened, All I remember is waking up here. Everything else is a complete blur to me, Sorry I don't have a better answer."

I say this knowing I'm lying. Lying through my teeth. I know exactly what happened. Why it happened and every single detail about the last few hours. But lets hope my Mother doesn't realise I'm not telling the truth. As that would be bad, astronomically bad.

Without hesitation she continues "That's okay, as long as you will be okay. We're going to slip out of the back door, so that no-one is able to spot us. I don't need our family to be back in the papers. Okay?"

"Okay, Mother."

As soon as I reply, she hastily exits the room, probably to go find my Father and hurry up this  process. She always has to be in control of everything. As Erik used to say 'She's just a control freak, one step away from a Brittney Spears style mental breakdown.' And I have never agreed with something more in my life.

I decide to get out of bed, to get dressed and ready to leave. As soon as possible. I sit up, my body still stiff and my chest still hurting from earlier's events. I scoot to the edge of the bed and slowly remove the IV sticking into my arm. It bleeds slightly but doesn't hurt at all. I suppose I'm used to pain by now, whether it be emotional or physical.

I am now dressed in whatever I had on before and I reach for my phone which has been conveniently placed on a bedside table of sorts. My parents must have brought it with them. I want to see if any news outlets have discovered what happened to me, I am hoping the answer is no. As I don't need to give the media and the world another reason to talk about me. But as soon as I turn on my phone. I see to my shock, 14 messages from Simon. Unread. Sitting there waiting for me to read and respond.

14 messages. 14. 1 more then 13 and 1 less than 15. That is a lot of messages. Maybe he was being real. Raw. Truthful. He does love me. He wasn't lying or pretending. He loves me back and because of that I am filled with the most pure, peaceful and all around thrilling feeling. I love him and he loves me too.

Maybe now I am gonna get my shot at bliss, at happiness. But knowing my life that is one hell of a maybe.

Hey, thank you all so much for reading my story. I hope that you enjoy it. Please don't forget to vote, comment and maybe give me a follow. I would really love to here some feedback about the story and and if there was anything you all wanted me to add. Once again thank you and I hope you have a great day. <3 <3 <3