Chapter 2

Loraine's POV:

It was like every other morning. I woke up, went to the bathroom to did my hygiene, went downstairs to help mom cook breakfast, gardened, played with the animals, had lunch, did my farm chores, baked, made dinner, read some of my book, and then went to bed.

That's was my routine everyday for the past 3 years since I graduated high school.

It thought that today would be no different. But it was. Everything was different.

It started while I was having my lunch. The alarms went off. The alarms never go off unless the pack is being invaded.

Not long after they went off my mother came running into the house, grabbing me by the wrist and taking me out of the house.

"Mom what's going on?" I questioned even though I had an understanding of what was happening.

"Rogues have invaded the pack I need to get you to the pack house where they have a safe room." She told me and I nodded my head following my mother.

I could see the pack house in the distance when all of a sudden a huge wolf came charging at us. My mother pushed me out of the way and shifted.

She attacked with all she could but I could easily see she was losing. I didn't know how to help. I wasn't trained like all the others as my wolf was weaker and had only ever spoken to me once. That was when I shifted for the first time, which was also the last time I ever shifted.

'Run' I heard my mother's voice through our mind link say. I looked at her with tears in my eyes.

'Run my daughter, away from here find a pack and ask for help. Tell them what happened.' She said and I listened.

With one last look I ran.

With all the strength I had a ran as fast as I could.

Not long after I was running I could feel my connection to my pack cease and I knew they all were dead.

I kept going though. Even through the pain of losing my pack I ran.

I could hear them running behind me and I don't know how I kept going but I did.

'You can do this Loraine, keep going and don't stop until I say' I heard my wolf Eva say. She had just spoken to me for the first time in 3 years and so I listened. I ran and didn't stop until she told me too.

When I did stop guards came up to me.

"Stop who are you? You have no right to be on this land rogue." The man said.

I won't lie it hurt to be called a rogue. I had always been part of a pack, so to be called a rogue hurt.

"Please my pack was attacked. They're dead! They're all dead." I cried. The man looked at me with suspicion and then his eyes glazed over and I knew he was mind linking.

"Come with me. The Alphas will meet you in their office." He said and grabbed me by my wrist.

'Did he just say Alphas?" I questioned to myself.

When he stopped I didn't even realize we were already at our destination. 

He gestured to a chair and I took a seat. The man quietly stood in the corner just observing me.

Now let me quickly introduce myself, my name is Loraine Kai, I am 21 years old, and used to live with my mom and dad on a farm near the center of the pack.

My life was so simple and now I've lost everyone and I don't even know if those rogues are still after me.

I just hope that whoever these alphas are help me.