Walls of insincerity Shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face

Felix sat there in the posh room, on the sofa.

Wine trickled down his forehead. Glass shards remained on his boots and around his feet. He was stuck in the moment. It was silent in her mansion. The words haunted his head.

I hope you see it all in your misery and you say there, dust collecting on your hair, without any perspective.

He ran a hand through his slick hair, and then dabbed at his hands with a handkerchief. It had been an hour , that she said those burning words and left the room. 

He stood up and exited the room, his feet taking him across the maze of hallways. 

He stood in front of her door, his hand almost knocked on the pale wood. One hand on the handle. He almost twisted it, he almost knocked. 

You'll lose the one real thing you had. 

I loved you.

He removed his hand from the handle and backed off biting his lips and then left, left the house and stepped into the carriage, the footman closed the door. He then heard the snap of the horse's reins and the carriage moved. He stared at the ceiling.

Was she speaking the truth?

He swallowed the urge to go back inside and reason, but how could he? He had no proper reason, and the one he had was just the same sentence he had drilled into his heart, maybe on the surface only.

He liked Lilliana. 

But did he though or was it just his thinking? Or was it the the effect she left on him by just a few kisses. 

He had been allured.

He sighed, shrugging off his jacket and placing his feet on the seat . 

Cecile's words still ran through his mind again and again. If he were the one running instead of them he might have lost a lot of weight but alas those stupid yet heart aching words ran a marathon is his stupid mind making him look stupid which he already was but nonetheless it was harsh. 

Someone needed to tell Cecile not to utter such words that collectively broke his heart and also made him feel like a villain so once again he looked stupid. Maybe fate wanted him to be stupid, he didn't believe in fate or anything and somehow that made him stupid too. He was tired of that. Or maybe the idiotic eddies of the cauldron cursed him like that. 

Or maybe he was drunk. Who knows? 

He really needed wine. And that was the one thing that made him sound like a jerk. He should be responsible enough to deal with his heart sober but he was half drunk already, making it whole wouldn't be so bad. Eh it didn't matter, and neither did Cecile. 

Then why did it feel so wrong?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zane looked for Isabella but she was nowhere to be seen. Worry gnawed at the pit of his stomach. 

They were supposed to scout the warehouse for supplies and also hostages but that was an afterthought. 

Zane sighed and put on the on the feathered hat and checked his face in the mirror, thankfully the eyeliner hadn't been ruined and the blush on his cheeks made him look hilarious and innocent at the same time. He stood up, fixing the dress. He then walked out, the small heeled boots made his steps wobbly. He took a deep breath and walked over to the front door. 

He picked the lock quickly and then walked in with all the innocence and the grace he could muster up, a very scared look on his face. 

The faerie lights flickered to life quickly. He saw no one yet and took a few steps and looked around, keeping his balance proper as Isabella had taught him.