Chapter 1 || The beginning

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Y/n harlow was an orphan who was tranfered to Windcliff Sanitarium because of her weird behavior talking to herself. The orphanage thought she has some sort of mental disorder and decided to transfer her to a medical facility Windcliff Sanitarium. She has always been a very happy and sweet kid, but after she got betrayed by her close teachers to trick her going to the Sanitarium. She become Distant, quiet, shy and cold to everyone. She even develops anxiety and sudden panic attacks when someone talk about her past on the orphanage. At the new Sanitarium, people around her thought she was weird and crazy. The others didn't see what she saw and she never open up about it. She also never talked or made friends with anyone ever since she arrived, until..

One day, Y/n noticed a girl walking towards her. She of course, ignored it thinking the person wasn't walking towards her, until she felt a little tap on the shoulder. She was obviously annoyed, but turned around anyway, and saw a girl with a sweet smile introducing herself. "Hi. My name is Maggie Evans. Can we be friends?". She was kinda distant about it but then she noticed a ghost beside her smiling to me. She smiled back saying "I'm Y/n Harlow." and thats basically how their friendship began.

They grew up together, suffered a lot together.. But y/n is glad that she have someone to talk to. Guessing maggie thinks the same too. After they got older, they noticed how they were tired of being treated like some sort of animal and decided to escape the sanitarium at night.

They found themself looking for jobs and a place to stay in the nearest restaurant. Until, jossete pointed to an ad about a needed 2 part time governess position in Collinswood. We both applied and were looking forward to our next life together without suffering.

It was a long ride to get to Collinswood but she wasn't afraid knowing that Maggie will stay beside her. On the train, Maggie keeps staring at an ad displayed on the train about Skiing.

She asked Victoria
"What are you looking at?"

"I was considering maybe we should use a fake name," She added, shifting in her seat, " I was planning maybe like Victoria Winters."

"That's a good idea, i think I'll change mine to Scarlett Windsor."

The rest of the trip was silence. She can't seem to find a topic to talk about to maggie or should I say Victoria.

~ - ~

After they got off the train, they went to get a ride to Collinswood. They stood on the sidewalk giving a hand and a some sort of bus stopped and let the both of them ride with them since they are passing by Collinswood. On the way there, One particular girl keeps bothering the both of us, asking weird questions. But Victoria and I simply answered them with a simple answer but after awhile it got annoying so we stopped answering for the rest of the trip there.

We came to a stop and the driver said "We're here."

We left and stood infront of this dark gate with vines all over it making the whole entrance seems sketchy. She whisper to victoria "Vic, I don't have a good feeling about this.."

She smile and reassured me saying "It's gonna be alright, as long as we stay by each other sides, nothing can go terribly wrong."

She smiled at her in relief and they continued to walk inside. The building looks old but yet so fancy. Even though it looks like it came out of a horror movie. Scarlett can't help but noticed the uncared pumpkins and the weird vines growing everywhere around the building. Then, Scarlett and Victoria made their way to the front door and knocked.

Then an old looking man opened the door and looked at us confused asking what are we doing here. Victoria of course, done the explaining about the needed governess and they wanted to apply, the old man stared at the both of them and realized that elizabeth told him something about a governess and let us inside.