Chapter 51 - Blindsided But Faithful

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the wicked late update even though I said in the last chapter's authors note that it would only be a day! I had to go to college and get all of my books for my classes and I start on Tuesday, and I forgot to get my picture taken for my ID so I had to go back the next day. And my aunts cat is dying and my family and myself have spent a lot of time with her since she's been here since I was born! She's so old. I'm going to go into a deep depression someday when my cat Oliver dies. He's my best friend I love him so much! But, besides all this rambling, here's your new chapter! I've read every single comment and all of you had the reaction I wanted you to have! Worrying about Nevaeh, so cute. I'm such a bad person for making something go wrong with their perfect family! I love you all. I'll upload the next chapter as soon as I can!

Honestly, usually the reason why I take so long now to update is because I want to make the chapter long for you and it takes me a longer time, so from now on I won't let that matter to me and that'll mean quicker updates most likely. Hope the length doesn't matter to you! <3 xo

P.s... This chapter is very emotional. You've been warned...

                                                                    ~ * ~ * ~

      All I can do at this very moment is stare at this woman in a state of complete shock, literally not able to comprehend anything she has just said to us. It's as if I am no longer in reality because everything in my world has just unexpectedly halted to a stop, and everything is turning upside down. My heart is hammering rapidly in my chest but I feel like I'm no longer allowing any oxygen to fill my lungs, and I don't know what I can possibly do at this very moment. All of the blood has drained from my face and goosebumps rise on every part of my body, and I'm entirely helpless in this horrible situation. This is a nightmare. This is the most painful statement I have ever heard before and it brings me to a state of deep momentarily depression, a litte part of me dying inside.

     Fear comes rushing to my heart at such a powerful speed and with such powerful strength, that I know for a fact I am going to cry. The thought of my innocent baby girl having something wrong with her heart completes breaks my heart, and assuming there might not be anything I can do to help her get through this kills me even more.

     "Something wrong. . . With. . . With her heart?" I quietly question her in a stutter, barely any sound to my voice  and I nervously hold my breath, waiting for her to end my whole world in the matter of a few simple seconds.

    "What?" Caleb's deep but yet emotional voice fills the emergency room, and I slowly glance up at his face to notice the panic and fear now filling his bright blue eyes. He's pale and his jaw his dropped with his mouth wide open and he seems to be also in a state of pure shock and confusion, just like I am. He shakes his head and steps forward, widening his eyes afterwards in disbelief and agonizing pain. Who wants to hear their baby might have a heart problem? "What are you saying? What're you trying to tell us? That our daughter has something wrong with her?"

    The nurse makes eye contact with him and a slight frown crosses her face, and I'm easily able to realize that her revealing this unexpected news to us is hurting her as well. "I'm not positive, I want to make that clear. Your daughter's symptoms are signs that she could possibly have a heart defect, but since I'm not in that field I don't want to tell you inaccurate information. So, I'm going to transfer you to the cardiology ward where they can help you further," she nicely explains, expressing a sad grin as my heart tears even more.

   "Oh Lord," My mother softly mutters in a nervous tone from behind us, and I swallow down the lump that is now built up in the back of my throat. "Are you sure these are heart defect symptoms, ma'am? Are you positive that Nevaeh has these symptoms?"