Just Call me "Peaches" (pic of Sam)

A/N So I have a major cold but didn’t want to leave you all waiting so I uploaded, if anything doesn’t make sense sorry I’m a but out of it right now, so things I found amusing probably aren’t. As always please vote/comment if you like it, and if you don’t like it tell me why so I can work on it. This story is for you guys so I want you to enjoy it : ) And thanks for all the recent fans, votes, and comments…you guys are the best but I’m sure you already knew that! PS Hopefully this is a long chapter because it in nine pages on word.

Recap

“Are you going to let me pass?” I said, wanting to escape this awkward moment.

Meeting his eyes, something flickered within in them gluing me to that spot. A strange tension was building up around us, so thick that I started taking in deep shallow breaths.  A dark expression flitted across his face as continued to stare at me. I wanted to say something, anything, but I somehow lost the ability to speak. Unexpectedly his face appeared to me closer, his lips mere millimeters from mine, our breaths mingling together. Oh my god was he going to kiss me and more importantly did I want him to?

DING DONG…

The doorbell rang, snapping a dazed Sam back into reality. Taking in our close proximity, he stepped to the right and headed towards the front door. I stood there speechless, still unable to move. To say I was utterly confused would have been an understatement, did Samuel Cooper just try to kiss and was I about to let him. This night just got a hell of a lot more interesting…

Chapter 6

Sam’s POV

I scurried to the front door, not even risking a glance back at K. What the hell am I doing, did I just try to kiss her? And was she going to let me? Dammit Sam, she’s your best friend’s sister, she’s your best friend’s sister. I repeated it over and over again in my head, hoping the words would sink in and I would stop imagining her soft lips against mine. Reaching the front door, I swung it open to be greeted my none other than Nate.

“Hey man, are we partying tonight or what?” he said excitedly, throwing his fist in the air.

Gotta love Nate, this kid gets you pumped for anything, “Yeah man, how did you know?” I questioned.

“Who else, Lisa told me” he grinned, walking into the house as I shut the door behind him.

Damn that girl was fast, I barely messaged her ten minutes ago and people are already showing up. I guess she really isn’t called the “gossip queen” for nothing. Following Nate, we headed into the living room where Brent was still wrapped up in the Xbox.

“Holy shit bro, what happened to your leg?” Nate asked, eyeing Brent’s cast.

“Long story” Brent said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Um ok, are you going to be all good when soccer starts up again?” Nate said, eager to know.

Nate was on the soccer team with us but wasn’t trying to play professionally, his parents got him into it hoping it would keep him out of trouble, little did they know it probably got him into more messes.

“Yeah man, it’s just a fracture, I’ll be as good as new by the time preseason begins” Brent said, his voice full of determination.

Relief washed over Nate’s face as he plunked down next to Brent, grabbing the other controller and joining in on the game. Taking a seat next to them, I took a casual sweep around the room and was surprised to see Charlie and Kayli nowhere in sight. Shit, I probably scared the crap out of her with that almost kiss. She’s definitely going to be act differently around me, a pang of regret hit me. As much as I wanted to kiss her, I didn’t want her to act weird around me. We might not be close, but I cherished what little relationship we had.