Chapter 9

I awoke with a terrible headache, I must have had a lot to drink last night. I tried to recall events but couldn't. I decided to try to go to the kitchen to get some coffee.

It had taken 20 minutes but I had finally reached the kitchen only to find that Malfoy was already awake and seemed completely fine.

"What the hell are you doing awake?" I asked His perkiness, annoyed me to no end.

"Well it may have escaped your mind but we have classes today." He said in a matter of fact way.

"Yes I am aware, I mean how are you alive? You must've had a lot to drink last night and you seem fine, it isn't fair!" I whined.

"Actually you had way more alcohol than me, I ate before, and I am used to it so there you have it. Any other questions I can answer for you?" Malfoy asked with a smirk.

"Actually yes, did I kiss anyone last night?" I asked, I felt like something had definitely happened. Malfoy froze.

"Uh-no what Slytherin would make out with the likes of you? How lowly do you think of us?" He sneered.

"Thank you for that," I said sarcastically.

"Can I ask you something?" Malfoy asked suddenly.

"Sure, I guess." I said, giving him a confused look.

"Did something happen to you Yesterday?"

"Oh I thought you knew, yes Ron broke up with me during the quidditch match." I replied sorrowfully. "I'm surprised you didn't hear, he screamed it loud enough for everyone else to." I said remembering the unfortunate event.

"I'm sorry to hear that," he gave me a sympathetic look.

"You are, why?" I asked in sheer shock.

"Well brake ups can be tough, I'm sorry you have to go through one." He shrugged.

"Thank you, that's really nice of you." I said with a smile. "Who knew Draco Malfoy was such a softy," I teased.

"Yeah well don't get used to it." He said.

"Whatever, I have to go to class." He avoided my eyes and left.

"I should probably get to class too." I said aloud to myself, grabbing a cup of coffee and my books.

.........

I sat down in my usual spot, waiting for the rest of the class to arrive. Unfortunately we had class with Gryffindor today. Which meant I would probably be paired up with Granger. I was slightly disappointed that she didn't remember our almost- kiss last night for whatever reason. But I did feel bad that her and Weasel had Broken up.

Everyone in the class except for Granger had arrived, they all looked surprised as she was usually the first one there. It took about 10 more minutes until she decided to show up. And of course the only seat left was with me.

"Malfoy," she greeted me politely.

"Granger," I greeted her back. She immediately sat down and pulled out her books. I started to daydream as professor McGonagall was droning on about transfiguration. I couldn't help but snatch a couple of glances at Granger, she sat perfectly focused and her hair combed to perfection. Why was I so disappointed about last night? I mean she was everything I hated, annoying, smart ass, Gryffindor, and part of the Golden Trio. Although she had become very beautiful, she would be the only intelligent girl I'd ever taken interest in. But then there was that small thing about me begging a racist ass towards her for the past 7 years.

I had been so wrapped up in my thoughts I hadn't noticed the professor was calling me.

"Malfoy McGonagall is calling you!" Granger said glaring at me.

"Mr. Malfoy, can you hear me!"

"Uh-yes sorry professor, what was the question?" I snapped out of my thought trance.

"I was simply taking attendance, it is noted that you are here. Thank you Mr. Malfoy." McGonagall said before moving on to the rest of the class.

Just as I suspected me and Granger had been matched together again. I understand that we are both heads but seriously was the whole school shipping us?

..........

I had sat awkwardly next to Malfoy, he had been treating me differently than usual lately. I sometimes even noticed him looking over at me thoughtfully. Maybe I had misjudged him the past 7 years, he actually seemed to be a decent guy. I even found him mildly fun to hang out with. And because Ron had broken up with me it was really comforting to have someone else to be with, not romantically of course.

Before I knew it class was over, I realized I had spent almost the entire time thinking about Malfoy. Which is understandable considering we were partners and sat together the whole time.

The rest of the day practically flew by, throughout all of my classes I had been thinking about Malfoy. I even found myself excited to see him when I reached our dorms.

"Hermione, we need to talk." I heard a voice behind me say. Next thing I knew I was being pulled into a broom closet.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying to distinguish a familiar shape.

"Hermione, it's Ron duh. Who else would randomly pull you into a broom closet?"

"A lot of people, let me go!" I struggled in his arms.

"No, we need to talk. I noticed you've been hanging out with Ferret a lot lately, and I heard rumors that you were at his party last night. Is there something going on with you two? He seems to be acting a little too friendly." Ron started to ramble.

"Is that really all you wanted to talk about?" I asked in annoyance. "Are you seriously jealous of Draco Malfoy?"

"No we aren't dating if that's what you're thinking, I mean for Merlin's sake Ron it's Malfoy! Can I go now?"

"Fine, and no I wasn't jealous I was just looking out for you." Ron said, I noticed a little bit of relief in his eyes.

"Oh so now I am just some damsel in distress needing you to take care of me? I am a grown ass woman Ronald! Get the hell out of my way" I screamed and pushed past him on the way to my dorm. I was furious and needed to get out of the hallways before I hexed someone.