Chapter 5

As I watched Granger stalk away I felt the slightest bit of regret, she had only been trying to make small talk and I had snapped at her. Wait a minute, was I actually feeling bad for being rude to Granger? What had happened to me? Maybe I had gotten a concussion from hitting the tree.

For whatever strange reason I decided to go and apologize to Granger, so I got up and walked towards the tree she was sitting under.

"Granger, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you for trying to make conversation." I could barely get the words out. And it didn't help that she was gaping in surprise at me.

"Wait, are you actually apologizing?" She said, gaping at me.

"Yeah, I must have had a stroke or something." I said annoyedly, turning away. Why did I even try?

"Sorry this is just so unlike you,"she said.

"Well you can't tell anybody, it would completely wreck my reputation at Hogwarts." I told her. As if I still had a good reputation there.

"And what reputation would that be?" She was practically in hysterics by now.

"It doesn't matter, just don't tell anyone okay?"

"Okay okay I won't," Granger said while steadying her breath from laughing.

"I notice you have been avoiding me for the past week," I said, randomly changing the subject. Granger froze.

"Yes, I think it's pretty obvious why." She said not meeting my eyes.

"Enlighten me," I pried.

"You walked in on me in the shower! It was humiliating, that's the reason I have been avoiding you. Happy?" Granger said exasperated.

"Out of my mind," I retorted sarcastically.

"Look Granger, I am sorry about the shower. But in my defense Mcgonagall didn't tell either of us we would be sharing a bathroom. So can we just leave that unfortunate effect in the past?" I said.

"Fine, just don't ever walk in on me in the bathroom again," Granger said humorously but still seriously.

"Hey, I make no promises," I joked in response. I caught a slight smirk from Granger. Did I actually just insinuate that I wanted to see her naked?! What the hell was wrong with me?

"Merlin, it's hot out here," Granger said while loosening her tie. I myself had been so focused on the conversation I hadn't even noticed the heat until now. And for some reason seeing Granger sweating loosening her tie did something to me. I tried very hard not to look at her, she had unbuttoned the first three buttons on her top and I could almost see her bra. What the fuck Malfoy! I thought to myself, realizing just where my mind was going.

"Well I saw a river a little ways from here before we crashed," I told her. Trying not to focus on her vulnerable apparence.

"Are you seriously suggesting I take a swim right now?" Granger looked baffled.

"Come on Granger, live a little. Unless of course you're scared." I teased.

"I most certainly am not," she crossed her arms.

"Then prove it," I dared her.

"Fine, but if I am doing it then so are you." Granger smirked.