Don't lie to me!

"So Y/n I just need to do a CT and an MRI and then I can see if there is any internal injuries." Said Will.

Y/n had gone for both scans and was just waiting on the results. Will walked into her room and said she will be fine but just needs to take it easy. She did have a concussion but it should wear off after a good night sleep and some painkillers.

"So what happened?" Asked Will.

Y/n hesitated because she didn't want to tell him the whole truth. "I got into a fight at school."

"Okay. And what happened after that?" Asked Will again.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you mean." Said Y/n trying to act confused.

"I know something happened after because of the scratches up the side of your body." Said Will.

"Nothing happened." Y/n lied.

"Don't lie to me!" Shouted Will.

This caught Jay's attention and he walked into the room and so did Maggie.

"What is going on?" Asked Maggie.

"What happened Jay?" Asked Will.

"What do you mean?" Asked Jay.

"What happened after the fight?" Asked Will.

Jay went to speak but looked at Y/n who was shaking her head. "It's not my place to say."

"Someone is going to tell me what the hell happened." Said Will. He started to get more frustrated.

"Fine. I'll tell you." Said Y/n. "My Dad opened the car door, pressed my seat belt down to undo it and kicked me out of the car. I rolled a bit before I came to a stop."

Maggie and Will had tears in their eyes. There was a long silence until it was broken by Y/n's phone vibrating. It was her dad. Jay told her to put it on speaker, so she did just that. 

Hey. When will you be home?

Dunno.

Well can you at least put your GPS on.

No.

Y/N! DO WHAT I GODAMNN SAY!

You know what. No. You kicked me out of the car Ric.

DO NOT CALL ME THAT! YOU CALL ME DAD.

How can I call you dad when you do that to me. I don't know when I'm coming home but it won't be anytime soon. I'm staying somewhere else tonight.

Oh really. And where is that?

Why the hell would I tell you?

Y/n. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kicked you out of the car.

YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME. THE ONLY REASON YOU WANT ME BACK HOME IS SO I CAN PICK UP OR DROP OFF SOME DRUGS FOR YOU.

DON'T YOU DARE SHOUT AT ME YOUNG LADY!

I WILL DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT. YOU DON'T TREAT MY LIKE YOUR DAUGHTER SO I WON'T TREAT YOU LIKE YOUR MY DAD!

I'm sorry. Please just come home so I know your safe.

NO. If you really cared about me you would offer to come pick me up.

I forgive you for the fight you got in. Please just come home tomorrow.

Fine.

Bye sweetheart.

Y/n just hung up the call and got off the bed. She grabbed her stuff and put on her shoes. She ran out of the hospital into the cold, wet rain. She collapsed to the floor, tears streaming from her face. She screamed out in pain and two strong but caring arms came up behind  her and hugged her.

Will and Maggie stood by the door looking out at Jay and Y/n sat on the floor in the rain.

"It's okay. It's okay." Said Jay.

Jay picked up Y/n and carried her into the lobby of the hospital. She had wrapped her legs round his hips and rested her head on his shoulder. She was very tired and started to fall asleep but she was shivering because she was cold. Jay wanted to get Y/n home into the warmth.

"Hey Will. Can you sign discharge papers so I can take her back to my place so she can get warm and sleep." Asked Jay.

"I don't need to, she was never officially a patient. Take good care of her." Will said as he patted his brother on the back.

Hailey opened the car door for Jay and had already put on the heating to warm Y/n and Jay up. She started the car and then headed back to Jay's.

Once they were inside, Hailey went to get Y/n some of her clothes so she could get out her wet clothes. Y/n got in the shower and then got changed into some joggers and a jumper. Jay had also got changed and was waiting for Y/n in the living room.

"Hey

"Hey. Thank you Hailey for the clothes and Thank you Jay for letting me sleep here tonight." Said Y/n.

Hailey and Jay smiled.

"No problem Kiddo. But you can stay as long as you want." Said Jay.

Hailey hugged Y/n goodbye and then drove home. Jay made Y/n a sandwich and a cup of tea since she doesn't drink coffee. They put on a movie and Jay let Y/n pick. She picked the Kissing Booth since Jay has never watched it and she wanted something to cheer her up. Y/n had fallen asleep half way through the movie and Jay picked her up and carried her to bed. He left her door slightly ajar incase of any problems in the night and then he got into bed himself.

Y/n felt safe when she was around Jay. She also felt loved, something she didn't feel from her dad.

Jay really liked Y/n like his own daughter and felt like he had a duty to protect her.