part 14 - staying home

Noah's pov:
Dixie was sat on the floor crying, and I hated to watch it. Something had just happened to her.... I don't know what it was, but it wasn't nice. "What's wrong princess" "I r-ruined it-t" "you ruined what baby?" "Thank-sgiving-g" "No no no no no. No you didn't ruin thanksgiving baby" "y-yes I did-d" "no you didn't. Look." "First of all its only 11:35 so we still have plenty of time to have our normal traditions if we want to. And seco-" "No b-but ev-ery-o-one i-s ma's at-t me-e." "No they aren't princess. Look" I picked her up and went downstairs where everyone else was.

dixie was crying into my shoulder, visibly scared that she had ruined our day "everyone. Did dixie ruin our day by like... nearly dieing?" I asked already knowing the answer, but trying yo get dixie to understand that it wasn't her fault "what! No. Of course not." My mom said, acting slightly offended "no . No of course not dix" tatum haley and charli all said "no dix. You didn't ruin our day" my dad said "no. Of course not dixie. You could never ruin our day" Marc said, stroking dixies hair "see baby. You didn't ruin anyones day." I said stroking her hair "P-promis-se" she said slightly lifting her head up from my chest. "We promise" I said slightly giggling "ok-k" I put her down and she went to my mom, and she Immediately gave dixie a huge hug, stroking her back, and comforting her. "Shhh dixie baby. You havent ruined our day." "I don-nt li-ike i-t-t make-e i-it st-op" she said, making my heart sink, and clearly everyone elses as well "I wish we could baby" I looked to my right to see charli recording this moment. I walked over to her and tatum and whispered in charlis ear "what the hell are you doing" "well everyone is gonna find out about her cancer soon. So we decided we would gather lots of clips, and out them together to make a tik tok on tatums account, saying that dixie is ill, and everything." "Oh. Ok" "i-is that ok-k" "yea. Its absolutely fine." "It's a good idea guys" "thank you." Tatum said "well I'm gonna set the table for dinner now "Heidi said. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw the time 11:45. "Jesus christ. Its 11:45" I said aloud. "OH sorry I didn't mean to say that" I said awkwardly. Everyone laughed "no no, it's good, we need to be at the table for 12 anyway. Everyone left and went to do their separate jobs whilst I went to dixie.

I pulled her into my chest, placing one of my hands on the back of her head, and using the other to rub her back. "I love you" I whispered into her ear "I love you too" I kissed her forehead and placed her monitor in her hand "thank you" she said clearly "I think you might need to go back to the hospital soon baby" "Do I have too?!" She whined "Yes dixie. Of course you have to do you not remember what happened with earlier !" "Yes but-" "No buts dixie. You could've died.     OK" "ok.." she said glumly "I love you" I said followed by kissing her on the head "mmmm I love you too" she whispered back, now removing her head from my chest "it's 5 too we should probably get ready" "Yes I think you're probably right on that one" I said chuckling as we both started walking towards the dining room "you look very beautiful" "thank you" "you not gonna tell me how dashing I look" I said laughing "ummm uhh I mean you look OK" she said giggling.

I was wearing a medium fit white vest top, with white sort of swimming trunk style shorts, with a gold chain, and white Nike Air force shoes. And I personally thought I looked pretty good.

"Really!?" I whispered into her ear "Yes really Mr beck" she whispered back, really turning Me on, and she knew it. My face started to grow red from anger and embarrassment, and dixie could clearly see what affect she was having on me, as she continued "oh no" she whispered seductively once again "is daddy getting hard" "shut up" I said sternly, grabbing her neck. She moved her hand down to my pants, and starting slowly but strongly stroking her soft hand against my boner. "Is daddy scared" she whispered" "Fucking stop it Dixie. Or you won't be able to move a fucking muscle for weeks. yes?!" "You can't" "and why is that" "I have cancer... remember" "I don't fucking care. Stop it right now or I'll fuck you so hard your shitty big ego will disappear and never come back. Yes" she stayed silent, and looked away, so I pulled her head back to face mine. "YES!" "mhm" "good. Now don't you dare do anything during this meal. Ok" "mhm" "good." And as soon as I finished speaking to dixie, our families came in "11:59 eeeeekk!" My mom squeeled with charli.

With about 30 seconds to go until 12, we were all sat down, waiting to tuck into our meal. There was sandwiches, chips, brownies, pizza, salad, candy, and soda. Lots of soda.

"12!" Haley shouted looking at her watch "woooo!" Everyone screamed "happy thanksgiving, happy thanksgiving" everyone said, at the same time "happy thanksgiving baby" I mouthed to dixie whilst everyone else was busy talking "I love you" she mouthed back "I love you more" I mouthed back. My dad them started talking to her and she started laughing. I couldn't help but smile. Her laugh was so God damn cute. "Yea I know right" I could hear her saying, clearly in agreement with my father. "So noah, how has college been" Heidi asked, drawing My attention away from dixie, and towards her. "OH yeah it's been amazing. Really. It's a very different atmosphere to what I'm used to, so it's nice. It's something new" "yea." She said continuing to talk to me

"OH my roommates are called blake and bryce. They're both seniors. So... 21 and 22" I say. It was 29 minutes later now, and I was honestly havinv a great time. My dad, Marc and dix were talking, I was talking to Heidi, charli was leaning across the table to speak to my mom and tatum was speaking to haley. This is usually who we all talk to, but it occasionally switches up. I like it though. Having set seats. It means we can continue our conversations, and get to know each other better. Ian I wouldn't normally by choice spend a day talking to Heidi, but I love talking to her at dinner. Its interesting. "Well thats good, who are you closer too. What are they like" "oh I'm closer too blake for definite. I mean Bruce is kind of..... ummm idk. More the traditional college boy. You know. Party's hookups stuff like that. But Blake and I are just soccer soccer soccer" "the best way sweetheart" "haha yes. Of course." "Dixie missed you ya know." "Yea. I know" I said softly. I them looked over to dixie laughing away with my father and her father. She really was perfect. "You love my little girl don't you" "yea.." I said lightly, turning my head back to face heidi "what about charli. Isn't she supposed to be your little girl?" "She's different. She acts older than she is because of tik tok. She is only 17, and it quite often feels like she thinks she is a 22 uear old mature lady. She is still a teen. But dixie. Well Dixie is Dixie. She acts like herself. She has her own personality that no one can compare too. I mean she has coped with the cancer the nest. I mean didn't you see this morning. She passed put and stopped breathing, and now she is laughing and giggling like life is perfect. It's far from it. But she does make it a little bit better." "She does" I say, now mesmerised by Heidi's words, and dixies laughing face. "Well she loves you too. She loves you alot"

1:30pm
We were all sat in the loving ro when my phone rang. *ring ring. Ring ring* I picked it up to hear one of my English teachers at UCLA telling me that we would only be able to come back after the new year, as their has been a fire that has ruined hundreds of dorms, and all of the math and science classroom. "Wait w-what" "sorry noah. We will be online until further notice" "ok thanks for letting me know sir." "No problem son. Bye" "bye"

I walked back over to the sofa I was sat at. (Next to dixie and my mom) "I'm not going home on Sunday now" "What?" Dix said instantly Turning her full attention to me "I'm staying until the next year" "WHAT!" charli haley, tatum and suxie said all at once "wait what was that" my mom said. "There was a fire. Were online till the new year soonest. So I'm gonna be here." "That's so good sweetheart" heidi said "well. Not good. But it will be nice for you to be at home with us" Marc said "wait really babe" dixie said grinning her head off "Yes really" I said moving her onto my lap  and kissing her head "UGHHH A PDA WARNING NEXT TIME PLEASEEE" charli said dramaticly causing dixie to roll her eyes "oh come on charli it's a forehead kiss" tatum said "yea I guess" . "She is sooooo annoying" dix whined into my ear "shhh your fine baby. Its fine." I cooed into her ear. And shortly after she had fallen asleep, a slight smile still spread across her face I kissed her hand, and admired her beauty. "can we make ice cream Now!" Charli and tatum shouted "Yesss!" Haley and heidi replied, but before I could get up to make it, I had fallen asleep, dreaming about the days, weeks, months, years, i had ahead with dixie. And all of them were good dreams. Happy dreams..... sweet dreams.

Sooo sorry for the lack of updatingI have simply just forgotten to finish this chapter, but now it's posted I hope you enjoy it. Also I am going to visit my grandparents for 3 days. So I will try get an update in my free time I have with them. Thank you for reading, and once again I hope you enjoyed it.

       ~word count 1,800 words~