Part 13 - thanksgiving

3 days later - 25th of November 2021 (there is no covid in this BTW)
7:12
Noahs pov:

It's thanksgiving. Wooo?! Happy thanksgiving I suppose...?!
Anyways. It's about quarter past 7, and I woke up a good 30 minutes ago. Whereas dixie, Is still asleep. She is on top of me. Like completely. Her small warm head, resting on my bare chest. She was gorgeous. She really was. But she was sick. Like sick sick! And it wasn't nice to see her I that state.

I was sat scrolling through my phone, waiting for my baby to wake up. I wasn't expecting her to wake up any time soon though, I mean minimum 2 hours time, so when she started waking, and moving about it definitely surprised me. Not that I'm complaining or anything, i was just.... surprised. I mean I probably shouldn't have been surprised my mom was telling me how her sleep schedule was very.... unhealthy. That's not dixies fault of course, just the way this illness is affecting her body.

She woke up and I don't really know. She just didn't look quite right. She didn't look bad, but she just looked off. She.... I don't know. She was quite pale, and didn't seem to be acknowledging me much when I spoke to her, but that could honestly be anything. It's not necessarily her cancer. Although it could be.... But it might not be.... but It could be.

"Mornning bubba" she slowly slurred out after about 5 minutes"Good morning beautiful girl did you have a lovely sleep?" I said gently whilst stroking her hair. "Mmm' she said nodding her head and then burying it deeper into my chest. If that was even possible. "Is it the 25th?" She questioned, her head still deep into my torso."yea baby, why?" she quickly sat up and god I was So fucking confused "oo oo I have a present for you" I looked at her slightly confused "come on noah you know, for thanksgiving!" "I know what it's for baby, but I'm saying you didn't need to get me one" "I know that. But I wanted to" "ok are you sure!?" "Of course I'm sure you dimwit I'm not gonna return it now am i" "alright miss eager. I'll open it in a sec. Just let me get us breakfast first. What do you want?" "Ummmm um uhh oo oo umm PANCAKES!" I gave out a slight chuckle "OK ok ill get you pancakes" "yay. Oo oo with with umm uh what's it called oo oh yeah chocolate sauce and strawberries. I love strawberries." Once again I let out a slight chuckle "I know you do. And even if I didn't i would be able to tell. I'll get you it do you want anything else?" "No just that and a hot chocolate." "OH so I'm getting you a hot chocolate now am I" I said whilst starting to tickle her "s-stop ahhh n-noah stop i-itttt" "I don't think I will thanks" "noahhhh s-st-ahhhhh-stop it" "only if you give me a big kiss "Fine" I pulled her in as she was sat on me, her legs straddles across my lower stomach. I put my arm around her waist and placed a rough kiss on her plump lips. We then started to make out, and we must have been doing that for quite a while, as the next time I looked up at the clock it was 7:26. "Ok gorgeous I'm gonna get the pancakes now" "mhm ok"

I left the room and went down the stairs and into the kitchen where I was greeted by my mom, haley and heidi. "Morning everyone" "Morning no, you sleep well" haley asked me as she always does "yea I did thanks" "Hey mom, do we have any strawberries in?" I said after looking I the fridge for the strawberries but not finding them "yea we do, they're in the pantry." "Why on earth are our STRAWBERRIES in the PANTRY?!" "What's wrong with that?" My mom asked thoroughly confusing me "what do you mean 'what's wrong with that' we NEVER have strawberries in the pantry." "It's a fair point amy" Heidi chimed in "well they're fine I the pantry. What do you need them for anyway no" "oh I'm making pancakes." "For dixie" haley added "how did you kno-" "No one I our families is obsessed with strawberries as much as her. You are best friends. You are dating her. She isn't doen here, so it's obviously for her" "fair enough"

I don't know how long later but after he has made the pancakes

"DIX WE DONT HAVE ANY CHOCOLATE SAUCE" I yelled up the stairs, obviously, for dixie. "ITS FINE DONT WORRY, ILL COME DOWN NOW" "OK YOUR FOODS ON THE TABLE OK, IN YOUR SPACE".