Chapter 7: Zane

Chapter Seven: Zane

The last thing I could remember was that stupid vamp surprising me, and knocking me out. While I was in the land of dreams I heard someone talking to me. "Wake up!" That one shout was enough to not only wake me up, but to surprise me enough that I shot up and landed on someone.

That was when he yelled, "Whoa, dude I'm not like that!" When I realized that the guy wasn't much of a threat I let him up. While he was getting up I started to look at him. He had dark black hair, he was really tan, and he looked like he could match me in a weight lifting contest.

I was about to turn and leave when the guy said, "Hey dude are you checking me out?"

That was what helped me decide that it was worth it to kill him even if the hunters would come after me. When I thought this I instinctively lunged at him. The guy turned and ran.

I decided that since he was gone I might as well try to find a friend, Marionette being the only one. Since the last place I saw her was when she was heading to the woods I decided that I should start there. After an hour of searching I was about to give up when I heard voices coming from deeper in the woods. I being the idiotic, sarcastic, evil guy everyone knows and hates I decided to follow the voices.

Right as I started to see the people who were talking one of them disappeared. When I tried to see who the other person was I noticed that they were lying on the ground with a dark figure standing over them. The first thing I noticed about the dark shape was that it looked like it was trying to pry something off of the person's face.

Without a single thought I shot at the thing ready to tear it to pieces if I had to. Instead right as I got close to it the thing managed to pry the object off of the person's face, and it disappeared. As soon as the thing was gone I checked to see if the person was still alive, and that was when I got one of the biggest shocks of my life. The person was Marionette.

My mind automatically went through every piece of medical knowledge that I have ever learned. The first thing I did was check for breathing and a pulse. Thankfully she had a steady and strong pulse, but she wasn't breathing. That was when I knew that I had to start CPR. I really hoped that if I got her back up she wouldn't hit me for having to pretty much kiss her. Man life is hard.

Right as I started CPR Marionette suddenly woke up. That was how I found out that Marionette was stronger than she looked. She pushed me off of her and jumped up to her feet. Then she put her hands on her head and yelled, "What do you think you were doing?!"

"I was giving you CPR, because you weren't breathing," I managed to yell back. She just looked at me like she thought I was crazy, and even though I am it wasn't nice for her to look at me that way.

"Thank you for your concern, but I was just sleeping," Marionette said calmly. The weird thing was that when she said that she started to glance around the clearing. Right after I noticed this Marionette said, "Well I guess I better go now. See you later, Zane."

After she left I decided that I better leave too, so I turned around and started to leave. That was when I saw the bodies. As far as I could tell there were two people that had been torn to shreds, and no evidence of what could have done it. Right then I realized that there was only one person who could have done it. The only suspect was Marionette.

_)__++

Picture of Zane