Welcome party

So at 7:00 p.m, Gibbs told his agents they could go home. McGee, Bishop and Torres were at first surprised because the investigation was not closed. But Gibbs retorted that there was nothing more they could do tonight since all their clues led them to a real estate agency that wouldn't open until the next morning. The three agents quickly accepted, seeing it as an opportunity not to be missed. Torres turned to Rose.

"- Hey, Agent Predash, would you like to come have a drink with us to celebrate your arrival on the team?

- Uh ... It would be a great pleasure, but why not tomorrow night instead? In fact I ... I already have something planned tonight ... normally ... Rose replied, pressing hard on that last word for Gibbs.

- OK no problem ! Is tomorrow night okay for everyone? Torres asked, looking at his colleagues. You too Jack? He added, looking up at Sloane who was leaning on the railing at the top of the stairs.

- Of course I would be there! She replied happily

- Me too ! Bishop said in turn.

- Do you mind if I come with Delilah? I think she really needs to go out lately?" McGee exclaimed.

Jimmy and Kasie arrived at this point.

"-A welcome party? Did you mention a party? With Jimmy we come ... if we are invited of course ... threw the scientific expert happily.

- Yes of course you can come! I will be able to get to know all of you! Besides, why not rather organize ... I don't know ... a barbecue for example! We would take advantage of the last days of summer. So you can bring your husbands, your wives, your children ... well whoever you want! Let's say Sunday noon if everyone agrees? "

Jack, McGee, Kasie, Torres, Jimmy and Bishop confirmed their arrival immediately.

"- Good on the other hand, it will be in the garden behind my building. There might be other people there but don't worry, it's nice anyway. To tell the truth I am looking for a bigger apartment but for the moment I have to be satisfied with what I have! Rose said without losing her smile.

- You can do it in my garden if you want." Gibbs said then who hadn't said a word since the start of the conversation.

Silence fell around them and the whole team turned to him in shock. Only Jack, who had now come down and stood between McGee and Torres, was looking at Gibbs with pride in her eyes.

"- Are you a serious boss? McGee asked looking bewildered.

- Well I think I'm the only one with a house and a personal garden so ... unless you have another idea McGee?

- Oh ... well ... thank you very much Agent Gibbs! It's really lovely to lend me your garden! I gladly accept. So meet at noon on Sunday at Agent Gibbs." Rose exclaimed happily before greeting Jack and Gibbs and heading for the elevator with the rest of her new colleagues. 

She gave Gibbs an imperceptible glance, however, as she stepped into the elevator in the middle of the rest of the team and smiled discreetly at him.

When they had disappeared behind the elevator doors, Gibbs stood up and left in the same direction. When he walked past Jack, she grabbed his arm like she had done earlier in the day.

"- It's really lovely what you did for Rose. But ... I saw the look and the smile she just gave you ... She knows you know, doesn't she?

- Yes ... I confronted her with the truth.

- WHAT ? But what if she had taken it the wrong way! You surely shouldn't have done it like this Gibbs !! She could have withdrawn or got angry!

- Oh but she had it! Before calming down ... Exactly like her mother did. I knew perfectly well how it was going to end ... I manage Jack!

- Mmmh yeah yeah that's it! She replied with a smile on her lips. And if not ... why did you let everyone go early and yourself seem in such a rush?

- I have an appointment.

- You ? A work appointment or ... a date with a woman maybe? She said jokingly.

- It is more or less that! You are really good!" He replied, laughing. 

So he left in the direction of the elevator, raising his hand. "Good evening!" See you tomorrow, Jack! ". Then he disappeared.

Jack froze and didn't seem to come back to life until the elevator doors closed. Her smile was totally gone. When she asked Gibbs that question she surely didn't expect him to answer yes. Not after what happened this afternoon. Men are ultimately all the same! Even the one she thought was different was like the others. He is looking for you and when he has managed to get what he wanted and let you believe ... things, he lets go of you and attacks the next one! Jack found herself envious of Jennifer Shepard. This woman who had lived with Gibbs a story that she ... Jacqueline Sloane ... will never be able to have. Even today, 12 years after her death, Gibbs spoke of "Jenny" with affection and respect. The affection and respect she thought she was entitled to too until a few minutes ago. She stared at the room where a few agents were still working before suddenly leaving in the direction of her office. She sure wasn't going to be fooled like that. The time for explanations had come! Arrived in her office, she grabbed her coat and her bag and walked back to the elevator. Her decision was made. She was going to Gibbs and would wait for his return to have face-to-face explanations and too bad if he did not arrive alone! If he had decided to break her heart, she wasn't going to let him have a ... nice evening! This other woman would know what to expect.

Well I know I promised Slibbs moments and here Jack is mad at Gibbs even though they aren't even together and just kissed once. But after all, this fit of jealousy shows us that Jack is really in love with Gibbs so in the end it's pretty good.Otherwise, it's been two or three times that talking about Rose with Gibbs, people ask if "she knows you know she is your daughter". And to be honest, saying that I feel like I'm on Friends when everyone finds out that Monica and Chandler are together. Anyway, it was the little observation of the day. And sorry for those who do not have the reference ...

See you tomorrow for two new chapters.