...and progression of the "thing"

Jack was still holding Gibbs' hand, which had tightened his own as he spoke. She waited until he started talking again.

"- And today I learn that for eight years she raised a daughter and that I never knew it when it is also mine. I have hurt her many times with actions, words as she struggled to raise our child day in and day out despite her monumental job as a director of a federal agent.

- Listen Gibbs, I'm not in your situation but with Faith my story is also complicated. Today you might be lucky enough to get to know the girl you had with a woman you loved. Leon said she seemed to want to get to know you. You maybe should try to ... make contact ... "

Gibbs was silent and finally nodded in approval. Then he seemed to realize he had been holding Jack's hand from the start. He looked at their hands together. Jack noticed it and finally pulled her hand away. Gibbs cleared his throat and stood up towards the door. Jack stood up abruptly and grabbed Gibbs' arm. "Wait!" . Gibbs whirled around and gazed into Sloane's, who let go of his arm before heaving a long sigh.

"- Thank you for sharing your story with me. I ... Well, I don't know what you think about it, but I find that it teaches us that hiding the truth for too long only makes us unhappy. Look, if Jenny explained to you why she left, you wouldn't have spent six years resenting her. And then if you both had agreed to exteriorize your feelings, you could have lived with the woman you loved and she would have probably told you about Rose so I ... I feel so dumb. Usually it's me who pushes people to talk to me and when it's up to me to confide, I don't know how to say it ... Finally what I'm trying to say is that we know each other for a little while now and that we have talked together about subjects that we had never spoken to anyone else because we trust each other ... Well in any case I trust you ...

- I trust you too, Jack. Gibbs said calmly.

- So that's what I'm trying to tell you is that I ... we ... "

Jack was interrupted by a ringing cell phone. Gibbs ignored it and continued to stare at Jack.

"You ... you should answer. It is surely important." Jack said, getting more and more uncomfortable.

Gibbs pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and picked it up. He listened to his interlocutor before throwing "Ok. I'm coming" and hanging up. However, he did not leave right away. He continued to stare at Jack. She felt the red rise in her cheeks.

"- Uh ... So?

- There is news...

- ... Well go ahead ... we'll finish later ...

- No, I want to hear what you were about to tell me ... Jack.

- I assure you that it can wait. The investigation is more important. You better ... "

But Jack stopped mid-sentence when she felt Gibbs' hand rest on her cheek, before slipping through her hair. He slowly approached and put his lips delicately on hers. Jack closed her eyes at the touch. When Gibbs tried to pull away, she kissed him back in an attempt to prolong it. She in turn ran her hand around Gibbs' neck and they continued to kiss. Finally they parted and Jack smiled at Gibbs. He looked her in the eyes. "I listened to the moral of the story, Jack." Sloane laughed and watched Gibbs unlock the door and then open it. He turned to her one last time, smiling.

"- The files with the three profiles to deal, Jack.

- Uh yeah ... Yes ... I'll take care of it! ".

Some of you may have noticed the almost undisimulated parallel between the beginning of the chapter where Gibbs and Jack hold hands and the scene in Kasie's lab: season 16 episode 5. But I found this scene too cute so I did almost the same in this chapter.AND WE ARE THERE! Slibbs moment finally arrived !!To be honest, I didn't think Gibbs could kiss Jack like this without talking about his fears, Rule 12 etc beforehand. (BEWARE SPOILER SEASON 18 EPISODE 8 FOR NEXT SENTENCE) But in the end, that's almost what he did in Afghanistan. He just kissed her without a word ... but it's so cute !! (END SPOILER)Do not hesitate to make comments if you have any.