The truth...Leon!

The next day, Torres, McGee, Bishop and Predash were laughing together when Gibbs walked into the room. He threw his jacket over his desk and without taking the time to put down his gun or say hello he rushed towards the director's office.

"- Uh-oh, I know one who is going to take it all in his head! Torres said

- The question is which one !? Bishop exclaimed in turn

- We better get some news on the case when he comes back downstairs." McGee finished.

The whole team went back to work.

As he walked over to the director's office, Gibbs passed Jack. As she was about to greet him, he walked past her without glancing at her. She frowned before seeing him disappear into Leon's secretary's office. She immediately understood the situation and rushed after him.

Gibbs walked up to the secretary and looked at her sternly.

"Good morning,  Agent Gibbs.

- He's there ?

- Yes... I warn him that you want to see it... " The young woman answered while she picked up her phone.

But Gibbs was already opening the door. He slammed it behind him and began to scream.

"- WHEN WAS YOU GOING TO TELL ME ABOUT IT??

- Good morning Agent Gibbs. I'm not sure I asked you to come to my office! "

In response Gibbs took a sheet of paper from his pocket which he unfolded and held out in front of the director's eyes "P-R-E-D-A-S-H" and just below "SHEPARD". Well, he had his answer ... Gibbs had taken less than 24 hours to find out the truth. Jack came running in. The secretary appeared in her turn with a sorry look. Leon looked at Jack and knew she knew the situation. He then turned to his secretary and asked her not to be disturbed until further notice, then he stared at his two agents.

"- What do you know exactly? He asked

- And you, Leon?" Gibbs said defiantly.

Jack squeezed Gibbs' arm and watched him for a few moments in an attempt to calm him down, before turning back to Leon.

"- We know that she was born on July 27, 2000 in Paris and that her mother succeeded in registering herself five years later simply as J. Predash and her daughter as Rose Predash G. But in the civil registry, we think there is normally written Jennifer Shepard mother of Rose Shepard ... and the G I confess that personally I don't know. Jack explained calmly.

- I don't even dare ask you how you found all this. In any case it is true. When I became director, I realized that three NCIS agents had spent the previous three years in protection with a young girl who lived in Paris. So I wanted to know the reason for this protection and I was told that it was Jennifer Shepard's daughter but that no one should know who she was. Hence the anagram of the name. Then she returned to the United States with the will to become a federal agent like her mother had been. Agent Predash still has a protection officer who stays with her all the time except when she is here, at her express request. When I received her she told me her whole story and that's why I accepted her request to work in your team.

- Only because she's the daughter of the former director? It's not your style, Leon. Jack said, surprised.

- No, that's not exactly why. But I think you get Agent Gibbs right? Leon asked turning to his chief agent who had been staring at him from the start of the discussion.

- Could someone explain to me? Jack exclaimed more and more impatient

- In the civil registry, the G in Rose Predash G has disappeared. Her name is only Rose Shepard. Gibbs suddenly said as he gazed out the window at the scenery.

- How do you know ? Exclaims a bewildered Jack

- Gibbs ... the G ... it's for Gibbs ... except Agent Predash's father didn't recognize her. She therefore cannot legally bear his name."  Gibbs added one last sentence to himself as if lost in thought "Jenny wanted to leave a clue." "

Vance was silent as Jack opened his eyes wide and looked in turn at Leon and Gibbs.

"Well I think we had enough emotions for today. I'll let you continue the investigation ... unless you want to take your day off, Gibbs?

- No it's okay, that will be fine." He answered naturally.

As Sloane was about to open the door followed by Gibbs, Leon said, "Director Shepard told her about you, Gibbs. I think she would really like to get to know you and find out more about her mother. After all, she was not even eight years old when her mother died. "

Gibbs and Sloane left the room.

And here is the fourth chapter. I don't have much to say about it for once ... except: don't hesitate to tell me if you like the story.Besides, thank you very much to those who read. I hesitated for a long time before posting this first fanfiction so I'm very happy to know that people are reading what I wrote!Next chapter tomorrow ... normally.