A newcomer

It was a calm morning. McGee, Bishop, Torres and Jack were chatting quietly at their desks, expecting Gibbs to pop up any second to let them know that they have a new investigation. Yet it was not his voice that ended the conversation but that of a woman who stepped forward timidly.

"Uh... Excuse me ... I'm looking for Agent Gibbs' team. Do you know where I could find them? "

The four agents turned their heads and McGee nearly fell from his chair.

"-I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.

-Oh no no it's not your fault ... Actually I ... I took you for someone else. "

Indeed,looking up, he found himself in front of a young woman of about 20,with green eyes and flamboyant red hair with a face more than familiar to him.

"In any case, you've come to the right place!" Jack said, stepping forward with a big smile on her face.

She warmly squeezed the young woman's hand.

"I'm Special Agent Sloane. I am a forensic psychologist on the team. And you must be Rose Predash, you come from France, don't you?

-Exactly.

-Oh, you're our new teammate! Welcome in the team. Special Agent Torres.

-Nice to meet you Agent Predash. I'm Special Agent Bishop.

-And I'm Special Agent McGee. I apologize again for earlier.

-No, no problem, I assure you! Nice to meet you and ... Special Agent Gibbs isn't here?

-Not yet ... But in general, this is the moment when he comes up saying ...

-Grab your gear! Three officers dead on an aircraft carrier "Gibbs said

Torres leaned over to Agent Predash and whispered "I would never understand how he does this!"

The boss walked past them. However, he stopped dead and turned back to stand in front of Rose. He looked at her from head to toe before walking back to the elevator. Rose then cried.

"I am Agent Predash and I..."

"Yes I know," Gibbs cut in as his three other agents joined him.

Rose said nothing more and watched the team enter the elevator. Suddenly Gibbs' loud voice called out to her.

"So... are you coming?" "

Rose turned to Jack and pointed her finger at herself before pointing the elevator silently.

"Yes I think you have to go! Good luck. "Jack exclaimed, smiling.

"Oh ok ... my mom didn't lie to me about Agent Gibbs. Thank you, AgentSloane! "Rose replied, running to the elevator.

Jack watched her go, trying to understand what the young woman had just said to her.

So much for this first chapter which serves as a sort of prologue. Please feel free to tell me your guesses about Rose's identity after this ... weird reaction from McGee and Gibbs. I think I will post the next chapter in a few days. One week maximum.

Also,English is absolutely not my first language so it is not impossible that there are mistakes. Sorry in advance.