Gibbs' love life, the explanation!

Arrived in the hallway Gibbs walked directly towards his desk and just said "Debrif now". Jack followed him without being able to add a word.

"So what do we have?" Gibbs said sternly.

His four agents jumped up and massed around their boss in front of the screen. They began to explain the advanced while Gibbs listened to them distractedly. He was discreetly looking at Rose, whose resemblance to her mother was more and more striking. When they were done, Gibbs gave his directions before heading for the elevator. But Jack grabbed his arm as he walked past her. "We need to talk, Gibbs ... please." However, Gibbs casually shrugged off. Jack turned to the others watching and shrugged before walking back to her office without failing to glance at Agent Predash / Shepard from the mezzanine. She hadn't known Jennifer Shepard, but the more she looked at Rose the more she found similarities with Gibbs. A few minutes later Gibbs returned with a coffee in each hand. He stopped at his desk, picked up a couple of files and headed for the stairs before disappearing down the hallway leading to Sloane's office. When he was gone, Rose approached the desk of her new teammates.

"-Uh ... Agent Gibbs and Agent Sloane? I mean ... I only arrived yesterday but I have the impression that ... well you see what? She said mischievously

- You're heading into dangerous terrain Agent Predash..."  Torres replied with a smile on his face.

He met McGee and Bishop's eyes and the three of them looked around quickly before getting up and approaching Rose.

"-When she arrived, we thought at first that they weren't going to get along at all because Jack didn't hesitate to stand up to Gibbs ... started Torres.

- But finally, we realized that it was the other way around. They got along pretty well and they got closer and closer ... continued Bishop.

- Then there was that Christmas where we were sure they liked each other a little more than just friends ... continued McGee.

- You mean ... something happened? Rose asked

- No one really knows. We regularly try to pull the worms out of Sloane's nose but to no avail so far. In fact, neither of them wants to take the first step. As you must have seen, Agent Gibbs doesn't speak much and never express what he feels and it's the same in his private life. Even we, took a long time to get to know him and even today I think we ignore a lot of things. McGee replied.

- In addition, we were skeptical at first because she is not red ... Completed Bishop

- What do you mean ? Does he only date red-haired women? Asked Rose, surprise

- Of all the ones we know, six were redheads ... McGee continued.

- Six ?! Rose exclaimed. But how many women did he date exactly? "

The other three agents looked around again before sharing a knowing look. Then, they displayed the heads of several women on the screen. Rose couldn't believe her eyes.

"- Did you make files on these women?

- We owe it to ourselves to stay well informed! Torres exclaimed smiling.

- First there is his wife, the only one who really mattered to him. But she died young. Then there are his ex-wives: Diane who is deceased, Stephanie and Rebecca ... explained Mcgee.

- He was married FOUR times! Rose exclaimed in amazement.

- Yes and he's divorced three times. Then there was Ellen Wallace who he was engaged to but they didn't even make it to marriage. Then, the women he simply dated: a mysterious redhead whom we know nothing about, Army Colonel Hollis Mann who one day simply left without a word. She comes sometimes during joint investigations with the Department of Defense ... and finally Samantha Ryan, PhD in psychology at the Pentagon but here too their story ended very quickly ... Continued McGee

- What about Agent Sloane in all of this?

- She is part of the last category ... the one where we do not really know." McGee continued.

It was then that Bishop pressed a button and two faces appeared on the screen: Jack's and Director Shepard's. Rose turned pale but tried to stay calm and pretend nothing had happened.

"- Who is the other woman? She asked as naturally as possible

- Jennifer Shepard, former director of NCIS. We never really knew what happened between them. When she became director, I was the only one working here. With my former colleagues, we immediately understood that they knew each other from before. It was then learned that it was Gibbs who had formed Director Shepard in his early days and that they had been on an undercover mission in Europe around 99. It became questionable if they weren't together during this time but we never had any proof but if there seemed to be a ... let's say an attraction between her and Gibbs even when she was director ... explained McGee.

- The same attraction that seems to be between Gibbs and Sloane today according to Tim .... Completed Bishop

- So we ended up concluding that if Gibbs had never taken the step with the Director Shepard and Sloane it is because he was and is really in love with her, not like the others but almost like his first wife. ..Sloane and Director Shepard seem to mean as much to him as this one. Even if she will remain the woman of his life. " McGee finished.

Rose didn't know what to say. She just nodded as she continued to stare at her mother's face. Suddenly Torres moved closer to the screen and stared at Jenny's face in turn before turning to Rose.

"Hey ... but ... that's funny. I think you look a lot like Director Shepard, Agent Predash. "

Bishop in turn compared the photo and Rose.

"- Hey, you're right! Funny ... is she from your family? Bishop asked

- Uh ... no ... no I don't think so ... in any case I don't know her." Rose replied, a lump in her stomach.

McGee on her side was silent. He finally hurriedly pressed the button and the photos disappeared. Torres and Bishop were surprised, but eventually they all went back to work without another word.

From now on, I will publish two chapters per day. Here is the first of the day. I admit once again that it is very unlikely that McGee, Bishop and Torres would dare to reveal Gibbs' love life to their new colleague when she has only been there since the day before. However, when Bishop arrived on the show, there is a scene a bit like that (season 11, episode 12) and it made me laugh a lot so I reproduce it here. Hope you enjoy this chapter.By the way, for those who are waiting for Slibbs moments, there will be some very soon.