Chapter 11 - The parents

I wake up with a huge pain in my cheek. I turn on my bedroom light and see that its five in the morning. I groan, touching my cheek slightly, feeling it's much more swollen.

I get up, feeling the need to go to the bathroom. As I open my door, I can see the light coming from Damiano's bedroom.

He is still awake? I walk down the corridor until I'm standing in front of his door. I push the door open and sure enough Damiano is sitting on his bed, shirtless, only in his boxers with his hands on his head.

His head snaps towards the door when he hears the sound of his door opening. I'm only wearing the jumper and nothing else. He looks at my exposed legs, but then looks at my face. His eyes widen at the sight of my cheek and he stands up quickly.

He has deep circles around his eyes, letting me know he didn't even sleep.

I stand in the same place as he approaches me. He raises his hand to my cheek and I wince at the touch:

" You need to put more ice on that. Sit down. I will be right back." - He orders me, passing by quickly.

I obey his orders, sitting down on his bed. I peer around his messy room and notice his book of songs is laying on the ground slightly open. I peer into it and see that one of the song titles is my name

Coraline.

I can't read the lyrics without moving the book and I don't want to pry into his privacy. My heart still skips a beat. Is he writing a song about me?

How does he make me want to punch him and kiss him?
I groan feeling frustrated. His room is also a mess. He should really clean up. Maybe I should help him doing that before my parents come for dinner.

"Here" - He says, walking into his room with ice in his hands. I thank him quietly and put the ice pack onto my cheek, feeling the coldness spread gently throughout my bruise. He sits down beside me on his bed and looks at his feet.

We sit there in silence. It's not awkward nor bad. It feels kinda nice, at least we aren't fighting.

"Look Coraline, I'm sorry. I do feel responsible for your bruised cheek. It made me so mad, made me want to find out who did this to you. I shouldn't have taken you with me without security." - He pauses still looking at his feet.

I don't speak. He continues.

"I'm also sorry for what happened with that fan. She kissed me first, but I should have pulled away. What I said afterwords was so fucking stupid. It was incredibly disrespectful to you. If I was in your shoes, I don't know if I had reacted so calmly. I'm trying to understand how everything works. However, I need to tell my fans I'm dating. I need them to know. I don't care about what they are going to say. But, once that's out there, I think people will back off and I will finally feel free to touch you and do what I want. I can't make you forget what happened, because once again you got hurt because of me, but, I can tell you things will change from now on. Just let me tell the world about you" - He finishes looking at me.

I swallow. I understand what he means, I might get hate, but at least people will know that he wants to be with me and this is serious.

"Okay" - Is all I manage to say, looking at my feet.
"Are you still mad at me?" - He asks kneeling in front of me, putting his hands on my legs. He looks sad and tired.

I smile at him. I can't be mad at him honestly. I understand that he is a showmen, he does this things because he puts on a show, anyone that truly knows him knows he is more than the cocky Damiano that dances on the floor sexily. He doesn't want, nor needs to change his persona because that's one of his signatures. I don't want to change him because I fell in love with him being cocky as fuck and kissing other girls. I just want him to be only mine. He is Damiano the showmen when he is on the stage, and then he is Damiano David my boyfriend.