Chapter:9

My heart leaped as the horde began to advance. Not the type of leap you get when your crush talks to you, but when you're scared half to death. I saw many friends, now apart of the pack. Some old teachers; both hated and liked were in the mist of the crowd as well. My heart race increased, I grew dizzy, and bowels began to come up. Each second they grew closer and closer, I felt sicker and sicker

When I thought it was over, something, I looked back on before . I wasn't going to let last time happen again. I put all my focus on calming myself. Even if they were my friends, that was long gone. Now wasn't the time for dwelling in the past. I may have still saw them as my friends, but they saw me as more. I clenched my fist and took a deep breathe. Turning to my group, I screamed one simple word.

"Runnn!"

After that, I burst into a full sprint. They didn't waste time either, which meant they saw the crowd to. We rushed out the door one at a time. Everyone seemed to have been moving quickly but I still wanted them to move faster. I was at the back of the group. This wouldn't have mattered, if there wasn't a group of zombies behind me.

Screams came from outside, making me more worried. I pushed and shoved, trying hard to get out. I dared not to look back as the horde's groans grew louder. Good thing Karl and Tim were the last to leave out. Running outside, I saw why I had that bad feel.

What Tobe spoke about was true. Cars were flipped, bodies were everywhere, and at least one-hundred infected crowded the parking lot. Relief hit me as they didn't notice us.

I was glad we didn't have to go that way. I to turned left towards the corner, until something caught my ankle. Smacking my head against the concrete, I was dazed for a short second. My weapon also slipped out of my hand during the fall making a cling noise. I twist to see what was tugging at my legs. My eyes almost popped out when I seen not what but who had it.

It was the assistant principal, Ms. Lone. She always seemed attractive to me. Her dark skintone; perfect curves; and strawberry scent made me wish I was her husband. She always seemed kinda nice as well.

But that woman was long gone. Now she spilled black gunk from her mouth, her skin had taken on a ash gray color, she had a rot smell, and her face decayed. Worst of all was her upper body was all that remain left of her. There were no more perfect curves now. Those things must have had a toggle war over her. She dragged intestines and other organ while crawling causing me to almost vomit. I'm surprised she still transformed into a zombie in that kind of condition.

I wasn't gonna sit in that spot long though. For surely the zombies in the parking lot heard the noise. I put my attention on getting away from her. Ms. Lone clenched her teeth at me and hissed. Getting ready to strike, she opened her mouth wide but I manage to snatch my leg back in time, leaving my shoe. I sure as hell wasn't about to leave it behind. Those were some new grey Air-Force, with black and white lines at the bottom.

I frantically flopped my hand behind me, trying hard to find my weapon. When my hand landed on the cold metal, I tighten my grip so it wouldn't fall again.

I stood over Ms. Lone, and look down at her body. I felt so sorry for her now. She was one of the finest women in the school. Now she just looked gross.

"Sorry for this Ms. Lone." I said before striking the pole into her skull.

I yanked the pole out of her head, creating a crunch sound. Getting one last glimpse at her, I looked up when a growl came from my right side. The zombies in the parking lot were only about 500 feet away.

"Tray come your ass on here." A female voice called.

I looked back and saw Apryl. The others must had already made it in the office.