Final round

The crowd murmured, waiting for the final match to begin. Who would win? Sasuke's illusions, of Sakura's strength and healing? It would truly be a battle of the gods. The announcer cut in on their chatter.
"And here are our fighters now, ladies, gentlemen, and others! The final round will begin now!"
Sasuke stood at one end on the arena, sakura at the other. The crowd was silent. Who could make the first move?
Sasuke dashed across the arena towards sakura, something-it looked like a sword-in his hand. When he reached her, he brought his odd sword? up to try and land a hit on sakura. Sakura pulled the same kind of-that really couldn't be a sword, but what was it?-out of her cloak and parried. They continued to fight, furious slashing blows. Sasuke was being hard pressed-why wasn't he using his eye illusions? And Sakura, why wasn't she using her strength? Then, Sakura landed a blow of Sasuke. Her sword...bent?

Sakura parried again and this time managed the first hit on Sasuke.
"Think using balloon swords is legal?" She jabbed in closer, and was almost whacked by Sasuke.
"Well, there isn't a rule against it. And we both agreed, we don't want to hurt each other." Guilt flashed across both their faces. He paused to defend himself from her, then spoke again. "Naruto just fell off his chair laughing. Idiot." He smirked.
"Who's the idiot?" Sakura said, as she stabbed him in the chest. "You should have payed attention, cause now you're dead." Sasuke rolled his eyes and smirked at her, then theatrically fell backwards into the dust.
The announcer and crowd just sat there for a few seconds.
"And...it looks like Sakura has won the most ridiculous battle ever preformed here!"

"You can get up now Sasuke."
"Oh no," he smirked again-
Was that gonna be a habit?
"I need medical attention. I'm wounded."
"No, your not, but keep it up and you are gonna be."
"I'm up, I'm up."
Naruto and Hinata came over-they were holding hands and both extremely red.
"That was great!" Naruto laughed. "Sasuke, you're a pretty good actor." He mimed sasuke's 'knockout' from the battle.
"Well, we gotta go-were going to get ramen!" Naruto and Hinata ran off.
"So." Sakura was serious now.
"Time to talk."
Time to work through the pain he had given her, and see if they could start over. Time to not forget the past, but try and understand it.
"I know. And Sakura, Thank you."
"For what?"
"For helping me know my mistakes. For searching for me when others wouldn't." He paused, then spoke again, the words coming haltingly. "For letting me have a second chance." Sakura saw his face, usually serene, full of emotion.
"Sasuke." He looked at her, his face inches away from hers. "When I was younger, I was infatuated with you. Then I grew to care about you. Then somewhere along that line, I fell in love with you." She looked down, unwilling to see his reaction. "But then you hurt me. Threw me away." He looked down, ashamed. "But for some damn reason I still love you." His eyes widened, in shock and surprise.
A pause. She couldn't bring herself to look at his face-would he care for her in that way? Had he ever? Did he just want to be friends?
"Sakura?"
"Yes?" Her voice trembled a bit.

"I love you too."

*****************************
I rewrote this several times, and this is the version I'm most proud of. I think that I've done pretty well with the story, hopefully keeping it all consistent/making sense-I actually almost went with Sakura punching Sasuke at the valley chapter and knocking him out, then having them solve things during the third round-but it seems kinda cliche (not like a ton of this is cliche, but...) I'll write that version of the story if people want me to. This is the end folks, and I hope you liked it, yes this is long, I'm sorry.
also I might return to this universe with them in the future-After all, there is a story how the goddess of Sakura is so damn powerful.