Team Super Heroine

Originally known as Team Women Fighters, this is one of the most diverse teams in KOF history, with many different girls participating over the past 14 tournaments. Their goal: Prove to the world that Girl Power is Super Power!

Athena Asamiya

Athena Asamiya is a high-school pop idol from China; one of the most popular of her kind

Athena Asamiya is a high-school pop idol from China; one of the most popular of her kind. Like all idols, she is trained to be a cute and kind model for the audience, but unlike them, her main goal isn't just singing on a stage, she also fights all sorts of evil with the goal of world peace. Her fighting style is composed of the psychic powers she was born with and Chinese Kung Fu. That purple energy she wields is not (and I mean NOT) to be trifled with. When used correctly, the condensed spherical energy Athena shoots can easily knock an opponent off their legs and maybe out of the ring. Adding insult to injury is her ear-piercing screech "PSYCHO BALL!" every time she does the move. She is a hard worker, both polite and serious.

Like Kyo, Terry, and Ryo, Athena is a regular attendant of the King of Fighters tournament since the first tournament in 1994. How is she able to maintain her youth isn't a topic worth discussing... Usually, she enters KOF with her close friend Sie Kensou and their master Chin Gentsai. However, this KOF she's unexpectedly teamed up with Mai and Yuri. Actually, it shouldn't be a surprise to any of her fans: She's been dying to get a chance to team up with those two South Town chicks but never got the chance to.

Fun fact: Athena has a big collection full of amazing outfits (duh, she's a freaking idol, what do you expect?) The fun of being an Athena fan is that you never know what she's gonna wear for the next show, be it the stage or the arena. Sometimes she wears one-of-a-kind costumes handcrafted by Kensou himself (you gotta do all you do to impress your crush), other times she wears a sailor school outfit (frankly, those outfits aren't as cool as her other outfits). There are times she wears modified traditional Chinese uniforms, and KOF XV is no exception. This time she is wearing a kenpo outfit with a dash of her pop idol traits here and there. Fan reaction was overwhelmingly positive.

Mai Shiranui

Hailing from Japan, Mai Shiranui is a kunoichi and successor of the Shiranui style of ninja arts

Hailing from Japan, Mai Shiranui is a kunoichi and successor of the Shiranui style of ninja arts. A busty girl, she is one of the most famous female fighters in KOF history. However, do not let her charming, cheerful personality fool you: Her opponents are at the mercy of her graceful movements and...a fascinating attire. According to Shiranui history, such attire is used to let the opponent's guard down before striking back. Using large fans as weapons, her fighting style is to "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee". She is also a regular participant of KOF.

Fun fact: Everybody knows that Mai is madly in love with Andy Bogard, so much so that she has done multiple attempts to propose to him in marriage. However, everybody also knows that while Andy really values her as a special person worth treasuring, he's...unwilling to take the relationship to the next level. When your girlfriend is so obsessive with you to the point she starts acting all crazy, you can't really blame Andy for feeling a little stressed out with her. As a pretty famous celebrity, Mai sometimes searches for companies to be sponsored, but unfortunately most of them rejected her proposals due to her revealing outfit, one company even said she is not suitable for the 'good boys and girls'. The statement has become something of a meme among the KOF community, greatly amusing her friends. Oh Mai...

Yuri Sakazaki

Ryo Sakazaki's younger sister managed to learn deadly techniques in less than one year after joining the Kyokugenryu Dojo

Ryo Sakazaki's younger sister managed to learn deadly techniques in less than one year after joining the Kyokugenryu Dojo. As a fighting genius, Yuri has brought her own personal touch to the martial art world, surprising foreigners, friends, and family alike. However, her skills did not help her to not get kidnapped by Mr. Big's gangsters some time ago. Tied up and gagged in a storage chamber, she was rendered helpless by the thugs until Ryo and Robert barged into the building, beating up everyone who stood in their way, even Mr. Big himself. Ever since then, she is determined to be stronger for herself and her family.

Although Yuri's efforts hadn't gone unnoticed by the family, Ryo, as the current owner of the dojo, still thinks she is too weak to fight. Infuriated, she joins this KOF to once and for all prove her strength to her brother. Sometimes she's in the same team as Ryo and Robert, other times she teamed up with Mai and King, but now she's surprised to know that Athena Asamiya has somehow decided to join this year's team!

Fun fact: Yuri Sakazaki prides herself as a fresh innovative and youthful warrior. She excels at mimicking other people's fighting style and incorporating it in her own moves. However, while she has talent and energy as her main assets, it's her short-spanned recklessness which fails her often. In order to combat this, Ryo usually arranged a series of intensive training sessions for his sister. However, Yuri often ditches them because, let's face it, every young person hate being ordered around.