Team Sacred Treasures

Team Sacred Treasures is a Team consisting of three of the most powerful clans in the world, each holding a sacred treasure used to seal a monstrous demon. This will be the first time the team will be participating in an official tournament since 1997.

Iori

Iori Yagami is a regular participant of the King of Fighters Tournament since 1995

Iori Yagami is a regular participant of the King of Fighters Tournament since 1995. The Yagami clan is one of three ancient clans entrusted with a Sacred Treasure. Being a Yagami, he uses frightening power to strike his opponents, along with using amethyst flames to burn them. His ancestors signed a blood-pact with Orochi 660 years ago, sparking a feud with the Kusanagi clan. Even though he hates Kyo with all his heart, he decides to uphold his duties as a member of the original sacred clans and joins KOF along with Kyo and Chizuru.

Fun fact: Despite his creepy appearance, Iori is simply a man who wants peace in his life. When not burning fighters physically or verbally, he usually plays the guitar in his spare time and takes care of kittens in his house, with the latter hobby is something Iori does not want anyone to know.

Kyo

A regular participant in the King of Fighters Tournament over the years, Kyo Kusanagi is the heir to the Kusanagi clan

A regular participant in the King of Fighters Tournament over the years, Kyo Kusanagi is the heir to the Kusanagi clan. The Kusanagi clan is one of three entrusted with a Sacred Treasure, and thus a cleansing flame resides within Kyo's very own blood. He may look and act rather cocky, but at least his big talk is backed by the great strength he wields.

Though his biggest rival is Iori Yagami, they are both left with little option but to put aside their differences and team up once again for this latest KOF to hopefully prevent Orochi from resurrecting, just like what they did over a decade ago.

Fun fact: Everyone knows that Kyo is a high schooler who happens to be one of the strongest competitors in KOF. Many have wondered when he will finish his studies, but Kyo would rather not talk about it. Rumor has it that Kyo is a dropout, being kicked out of school due to focusing more on battles than studying. Despite his poor academics, he is a surprisingly talented poet.

 Chizuru

Chizuru Kagura is a successful businesswoman and a descendant of the Yata clan, one of three powerful clans entrusted with the Sacred Treasures capable of sealing away "Gaia's Will", otherwise known as Orochi

Chizuru Kagura is a successful businesswoman and a descendant of the Yata clan, one of three powerful clans entrusted with the Sacred Treasures capable of sealing away "Gaia's Will", otherwise known as Orochi. Her fighting style resembles traditional Japanese dancing, while her access to the Kagura Style of Ancient Martial Arts allows her to seal away her opponent's abilities.

After over a decade of absence, she attends the 15th King of Fighters Tournament along with clan Yagami's Iori and Kusanagi's Kyo because she fears that either Orochi or Verse will rise once again. It's a miracle how she can convince the two bickering clans to cooperate, as she did in the '97 KOF Tournanment.

Fun fact: Chizuru is an excellent motorcyclist. She has raced in many street races in which she often won. However, her name never appeared in any racing magazines because she prefers to keep her personal lifestyle discreet. She is also incredibly patient in dealing with Kyo and Iori's tendency to create chaos whenever those two are around, as well as cocky opponents in the arena. Some say that she acts like a surrogate mother to those two troublemakers (Chizuru blushes whenever someone says that.)