Wake up

Your eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the bright fluorescent light. You sat up a bit and looked around. You were in a hospital. You had a bit of a headache and looked at the IV in your arm. A few minutes went by and a nurse came in. "Good, you're finally awake. How do you feel?" "Like I'm super hungover." "Well good to see you up and just as cheery as ever." You heard Sebastain say as he walked into the room. He was in some sweatpants and a t-shirt on one crutch. "What are you doing here?" You asked. "Just a little physical therapy, I got the guy who shot Ivy but he got me in the leg." He said sitting on the edge of your bed. "Are you ok?" You asked, looking at his leg. "I've been shot before love. I'm an ex-marine." He said looking at you with a smile. You smiled back as you grabbed his hand. "How's Ivy?" You asked, looking at the nurse.

"Oh yes, the young woman who was brought in with you. Since you're not family I can't say much but she's stable. She is in a drug induced coma right now so her body can heal." The Source said as she checked your chart. "Press the button on the table if you need anything." She said as she left the room. Sebastian stayed until visiting hours were over and came back the next 2 days. They were only keeping you for observation for a few days so you were going to be discharged.

You finished signing all the release forms and they prescribed you with 2 different mood stabilizers. You changed into the clothes Sebastian dropped off and checked out. He picked you up and took you back to Ivy's apartment. You walked in and immediately felt comfortable as you sat on the couch. The whole place was exactly the way you left it when you went for vacation. "Do you need anything?" He asked, walking around the sofa. "No it's ok I can take care of myself." You said ushering for him to sit down next to you. "No, it's good for my physical therapy, I have to get my steps in somehow." He said, chuckling at your waving.

"Well if you insist you can throw these away for me." You said handing him the bag with the pill bottles. "What are these?" He asked to take them out of the bag. "asenchully its prozac with two different names that literally no one can pronounce." "Well I guess I'll get rid of them then." He said as he walked them into the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later and went to go up the stairs. "No, no sir. You're watching these horrible reality TV shows with me." You waved in his direction not taking your eyes off the TV. He came over and sat down next to you.

You sat there watching TV for about an hour until you both fell asleep. The next day you went to visit Ivy in the hospital, at first they wouldn't let you in but a rather copious amount of cash changed that pretty quick. "I swear that's what's wrong with America today." You said rolling your eyes at that entire situation.

"We're not even in america." He said following you down the hall. "I know but that woman was canadian." You said, rolling your eyes scanning for Ivy's room number. "Canada's not in america." "Sebastian, I will fire you." You said turning around aggressively staring him down. "You technically can't do that, but go ahead and try." He said as you stormed off down the hall.

After that you visited everyday for the next 12 days. It was around 7:30 that morning and you were sitting in the chair that you had moved closer to Ivy's bed. As always you were holding her hand reading one of her books. The nurse came in to do her morning vital check, and give you an update. "I've got good news." She said charting her vitals and checking the monitors. "Her brain scans came back clean, and all her internal injuries have healed. It's safe for us to take her off the medication that keeps her unconscious." She said, smiling at you. "That's great, when?" You asked, sitting up in your chair. "I spoke to my boss and If all goes well we should be good to start weaning her off at 8." "That's amazing." You said looking back ay Ivy. The nurse left the room and Sebastian arrived shortly after.

"I come bearing gifts." He said walking in. "I stopped at that coffee shop you like so much." He said handing you a still warm cup. "Thanks." You said taking. The nurse came back in and had her boss. "We're good to go if you're ready." She said smiling as if she was the one getting her back. "Good to go with what?" Sebastian asked. "They're gonna wake her up." You said looking at him, watching the hope fill his eyes. "Right before we get started, do you have any questions?" "Yes, will she wake up right away?" You asked curious and excited. "It's hard to say, we'll have to wait a few hours for all the medication to flush out of her system. That It'll just be based on when her body decides it's time to wake up. It could be hours, days, weeks, months even. This sort of thing can't really be predicted so we just wait." "ok." You said hoping she came back as soon as possible.