Unexpected Events

"So where to?" She said snapping you back to reality. "Uh-." You couldn't come up with an answer. It didn't take her long to realize what was going on. "Sebastain, just go back to my place." She yelled in the direction of the font of the car. "Of course, Ms. Black." He said back before he started driving towards the heart of the city. "Your place?" You asked, looking a little flustered and even more nervous now. "Yes." She responded, not paying you much attention.

"But... Why?"

"Because I have a feeling you don't have a place for me to drive you to." She could tell that had pretty much hit the target. "Maybe, or maybe I just don't want to give my address to a stranger whose name I don't even know." You said tensing your body getting defensive. "Ivory." She said blankly. It threw you off a bit. "What?" "Ivory, that's my name. But everyone calls me Ivy." She said again this time making eye contact. "Uh-thanks."

"Everything has a cost, your name would suffice for the information I've given you." She said as a devilish smirk spread across her face. "Its- its Y/N." You said, relaxing a little bit. 'There is something about her that intrigues me. I can't figure her out, she is pretty but her eyes are cold.'  you thought. It seemed like she was more calm and relaxed than she was on the inside. "Hiding behind an indifferent gaze, to protect yourself from being hurt." You mumbled under your breath, not noticing she had heard you. "What an interesting observation." She said sitting up a bit focusing all her attention on you. "Please, elaborate." She said, now perched on the edge of the seat staring at you, waiting for an explanation for your outburst. "Oh I oh- It's just something I picked up on because I used to do the same thing." You rambled hoping she wasn't upset with your assumption.

"Now what could a pretty girl like you be hiding from the world for." She asked. It didn't take long for you to give in and tell her the story. How your mom died and shortly after your father blamed you. You running away, being homeless, and living in the bar. There was something about her that made you feel safe. As sketchy as this whole situation was, you couldn't help but fall into that familiar feeling. You had been talking the rest of the car ride.

When the car stopped you both got out and stood in front of a giant apartment building. You followed her in, walking over to the elevator. She pressed the button for floor 43, the highest floor. "You live in the apartment at the top?" You asked in shock of how many floors this building had. "I own the penthouse at the top. I kinda live all over the place. I've got townhouses and apartments all over the country for my convenience." She replied, "Wow." You said as the elevator doors opened.

As you stepped off you walked into a living room the size of the bar. There were two sofas, a giant flatscreen, a coffee table, and a lounge chair. To the right there was a kitchen with a dining room attached. To the left a giant staircase going up to the second floor. As you looked around taking everything in around you she had walked over to one of the couches and thrown her blazer over the back of it as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hey Princess, you gonna come in or do you wanna spend the night in front of the elevator?" She yelled from the kitchen. 'Princess?'  You thought a little confused by the pet name. 'I'll ask about it later '  You decide. "Oh sorry, you have a really nice place." You said walking into the kitchen. "It works for what I use it for, to be completely honest this is where I bring most of my one-night-stands." She said sitting on the counter. "It's big enough to impress them and the door man does the honor of kicking them out in the morning." She said as she laughed a little, running her hand through her hair. "Oh, I... Uh. I'm not really um- ." "Relax, you're not my type anyways." She said hopping off the counter. 'Ouch.' You thought. "Come on, I'll show you your room." She said as you followed her up the stairs.

She showed you to the guest room and after you were settled she left. You slept that night and woke up the next morning around 11.