Keeping Your Distance

You were still curious about where she had just come from. "Hey that's pretty cool, thanks." You said following her back out. "Listen." She said, sounding super assertive and she abruptly turned around to address you. "You need to stay away from me." She said firmly. "Why, and what is it that you do. Last time I checked rich women didn't just walk around shooting guys." You said still confused and running off of adrenaline. "Listen here princess, you're cute and all but it would be very beneficial for you if you forgot you ever met me." She said still pretty assertive. "1. I don't scare easily. 2. Why? And 3. I'm starting to think having you around would be very secure, violence wise." You said jokingly. "Ok number one I wasn't really asking, number two you should be saying thank you for not asking more questions, and three I would be the one keeping you around."

She turned around and got into the car. You grabbed the door trying to stop her from leaving just yet. "Then why don't you." You said pulling the door open a little further. "Keep me around I mean?" You asked hoping for something, what it was you didn't know yet. "That wouldn't work, you'd be a liability." She said bluntly. "Just stay away from me, for your own safety." "Well what if that guy comes after me again, can I at least call you?" You asked, hoping that would work. "That's unlikely, but if it'll make you go away sure." She handed you her phone and you handed her yours, exchanging numbers. She took her phone back and just as fast as she had appeared she was gone, and you were surprised that worked.

It's been like a week and I can't stop thinking about her. She said to keep my distance but was she just trying to scare you off. Your mind wondered and you ended up calling her. You didn't think she'd answer and when she did you were at a loss for words. I called. I have to say something, God what do I even want, I'm just bored.

Phone call

Y/N: ...

Ivy: Princess?

Y/N: do you wanna hang out... or whatever?

Ivy: You're playing with fire.

Y/N: I know. L-let me come over?

Ivy: Be my guest.

Well that was easier than expected. Now I just have to find something to wear. You looked through your closet and you eventually settled on dark blue jeans. Your favorite black bodysuit that said Los Angeles California across the front in white letters, and you white doc martens. You grabbed your small black backpack and headed out the door waiting for your cab.

You got in the cab and after a while you were outside of the apartment building. You stood there for a bit just staring up at the sky. You eventually worked up the courage to walk in, you got in the elevator and headed up to the penthouse.

When you stepped off the elevator you heard what sounded like someone on the phone. You knew it was Ivy as you got closer to her office. You stood in the doorway admiring her in her element as she sat in her chair facing away from her desk. "No Peter, I don't think you understand. You work for me, now if you don't send him the money I told you to send you will be cut off. Do I make myself clear?" She yelled into the phone before turning around and hanging up. She noticed you standing in the doorway as she turned around.

She got up to greet you. When she stood up from her desk you could see she was just wearing long black dress pants, a white button up, and some black heels. She walked over to you and motioned for you to follow her.

You pushed off the door frame and followed her into the common area where you sat on the lounge chair as she sat on the couch beside you. You chatted for a while before her phone started to ring. "Cole, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me after noon. Somebody better be dying." She said before her facial expression changed. She looked infuriated. "Alright, thank you I'll take care of it right away. She said before hanging up. "I'm sorry princess, we're gonna have to cut this reunion short. I've got business to attend to." She said as she started aggressive typing on her phone. "Can I come with you?" You asked before she could get too far away. "If you want to see me smash in someone's windshield." She said back. Her comment was obviously rhetorical however you wanted to accompany her so you said. "Sounds like fun."

"I don't have time to handle business and protect you, if you come on your own." She said getting on the phone with Sebastian. "That's fine." You said happily getting out of her way. "Alright let's go little liability." She said as she called for her car."Sebastian, I need you to come pick me up, we're going to visit Peter." "Why are you going to visit peter?" He asked cautiously, picking up on the irritation in her voice. "Because he can't seem to follow instructions. Oh and Y/N's coming." "What she cant-" She hung up before he could finish.