Chapter Thirty-six - The Lost Finally come Home

Susanna

I didn't know what to do. Jesus. I didn't know what to do! Everything was so confusing, so screwed up. Even Ian couldn't comfort me now. The entire family was walking around the house, cross, scared, frustrated. We could never work together properly. We were a time-bomb.

I needed Jessica. As much as I hated to admit it, I needed my sister by my side - both of them, if I hadn't been so angry with Regina. Maybe she would start feeling sorry soon and come home and apologise. Yes, I was mad with her, but that didn't mean I didn't love her or didn't want her to be safe. I didn't know where she was and that scared me. She could be anywhere, in all kinds of danger. It was strangely comforting Helen was with her. As much as I hated that woman, she would make sure nothing would happen to my sister.

And the uprising was at hand. We just didn't know when they would start their big attack. I would need to contact Mickael for that. He wouldn't know, of course, but he would be able to find out. I hoped. Or else we would have to be ready at all times and that kind of tension would break me.

I couldn't wait until Jessica came home - I had missed her. She had always been by my side, had always helped me control our crazy little sister, had always been the one to make me see things clearly. And as much as I hated to get her away from Lily again, poor, sweet Lily, I wanted her by my side. More than anything.

The rest of the family could go to hell for all I cared. Except for aunt Jennifer, of course; she was always on my side, no matter what happened.

I was in one of the many empty rooms we had one day - a small study - when she came walking in.

"How are you feeling, darling?" She asked me, while sitting down next to me on a chair and motherly putting an arm around me.

I sighed. "Horrible, of course."

"Regina will come back."

Ian had told her everything. They had talked a lot lately, which was strangely pleasing.

"How can you be sure?" I asked cynically.

"Because, even though she makes bad choices and can be incredibly dumb and selfish sometimes, she is not a bad person. She's loyal. She loves you." Aunt Jennifer smiled at me. "She will come back, mark my words. I think she probably feels sorry already."

"I hope you're right." I sighed.

"I'm always right."

I chuckled shortly and lay my head on her shoulder. She softly stroked my arms. We didn't say anything.

Moments like these, I loved - though I was a grown woman, I sometimes longed for somebody's touch, for motherly love. I had missed my parents during my turbulent years, and I had always felt they hadn't been there right when I needed them the most. My parents. I sometimes doubted if they would have been good parents. From the moment me and my sisters were born, we were raised to be hunters. I think we had missed part of our childhood.

We had missed being a kid in general. Always so much responsibility, so much duties, so much things to take into account. Never just going to a playground or have a nice party, because we never got the chance. And we all dealt with that in our own way.

Regina acted like a child now because she had never gotten the chance when she was younger. Jessica expressed herself in her art, which was quite dark, gloom, depressing and gruesome sometimes. I just hid it away deep in my mind and tried not to think about it.

Jessica's way was probably the best. But I couldn't draw, write, play music or do anything remotely artistic. In high school I always got Jessica to make my art projects, and I would do her math homework in return.