Chapter Twenty-Nine - Planning

Regina

No! NO! This wasn't possible! Ian... How could he? Was he doing this to make me jealous? Was that his plan? It had to be, there was no other answer to this... Thing. They were holding hands! Was that a joke? Was this just a sick joke?!

On the outside, I stayed as calm as possible. I had to act like a grown-up, because if I got angry, I might loose Ian's respect. I wanted his respect and I wanted him.

"Well, sit down, then." I said with my sweetest smile.

Susanna. That bitch. That bitch! She did this, she took him from me...

No, calm down. This might be a misunderstanding. Like the cliché misunderstandings in those horrible romantic comedies. Something like that. Maybe they were just here to tell me they had a solution on our problems or something...

"Me and Ian want to try to be a couple." Susanna said. "And we thought you all should know, just because, well, to avoid confusion."

Helen frowned - she obviously wasn't happy with this. And neither was I! Wasn't he supposed to be mine? He always gave me attention and reacted to my flirting. Why did he do that when he was only thinking about Susanna?

Jessica was the first to react. She smiled - the traitor!

"That's great, guys, I'm very happy for you." She said. She meant it.

I wanted to scream at them, I wanted to hit Susanna and pull her hair, I wanted to make that stupid hopeful smile on her face disappear. Oh, yes, I knew that was selfish, I knew she deserved happiness too - but those two couldn't stand each other, everybody knew that. They didn't fit together.

But I had to react. Normally. If Ian was doing this to make me jealous, then I wouldn't let him see I was indeed very jealous. He didn't deserve that. This was just hurtful.

"Yeah, it's really amazing." I managed to say.

I had never seen Susanna or Ian look this relieved in my entire life. "Thank you." Ian said. To me. Why was he thanking me? He would surely know I wasn't at all happy with this - or he was truly blind.

How could they do this to me? I had enough on my plate already, this really wasn't welcome at all. A vampire uprising, powers I didn't know anything about, our friend turning into a monster in the basement, and they thought now was the right time to start dating each other?

"You two make a cute couple." I said milky.

Susanna smiled at me gratefully. I avoided her eyes and got up.

"Well, if you don't mind, I'm going upstairs." I said lightly. "I still want to practice some things - on my own, if you don't mind. So, don't come in!" I laughed as if I was the most careless person in the world and went upstairs.

As soon as I was in my room, I shut the door and didn't try to stop the energy building up inside me. My palms heated up, my vision went a bit dark. But this time I felt in control. This time, I wanted my anger to get out - and then there was a short flash of light.

But now I didn't see the galaxies. Now, all I saw was my room, the spirit dust around me, waiting to be used. I could control it. I knew it was there and I wasn't afraid. I was the master, the necromancer, and all it could do was listen to me. I raised my hand and the dust in my room followed.

I let it bang against the closet doors, against the window, I had it muff my angry screaming, I threw it against the ceiling and on the floor. The dust swirled and twisted and moved hysterically. It was a storm, like the storm inside me. I raged and yelled the most horrible words I had ever used until my eyes and palms hurt too much and then collapsed on the floor in the middle of my room. There, all I could do was cry desperately.