Chapter Twenty-five - Decisions, Decisions

Jessica

I was in the living room with Regina and Helen - god knows where Greg was - when we heard screaming upstairs.

"What the hell?!" I yelled.

We all got up and ran upstairs. I saw Susanna and Ian, desperately trying to hold the door closed. There was screaming and growling from the other side. So Sacha had woken up. I heard her claws scratching the wood, and she kept banging the door - it wouldn't hold out much longer.

"Sacha!" I screamed, while helping Ian and Susanna with the door. "Listen to me!"

She didn't. She just kept trying to get out, like a caged animal. Why had nobody been watching the webcam? It had been Greg's turn, right?

"Sacha, come on, stop this!" I yelled at her.

There was a short interval in between her attacks. But then she tried to open the door again. I heard something break and wooden splinters flew through the air. A claw came through the hole in the door, trying to get hold of anything in its way. I quickly recoiled towards the wall. Through the hole, I could see her eyes, filled with rage, and just a flash of sharp fangs.

She charged again and the old wooden door creaked and sighed.

"Sacha!" Susanna tried. "Calm down! We're your friends!"

She kept going and nearly got hold of her arm. Susanna managed to shake her off, but the claw scratched her skin and she began to bleed.

"Sacha, be reasonable!" Ian yelled.

Suddenly she stopped moving and held her head tilted, as if she heard something very important. I remembered that her and Ian had been close before... Well, before she was killed.

"We're trying to help you." He said.

She looked a bit less angry and I saw surprise and sadness on her face. We were getting somewhere. Okay, that was good.

"You remember us, right?" I asked. Her eyes moved to me.

She showed her teeth, but didn't attack. I saw her hesitate, and suddenly she looked terrified. "My jaw hurts." She said.

Her voice was hoarse and didn't sound like her at all. But she was talking instead of growling and screaming.

"Yes, that's normal." I said. I wasn't sure, but something told be it was a bad idea to tell her that. "It'll go away. We'll help you."

"Yes, exactly." Susanna said.

Sacha saw Susanna. She saw her arm. Her bleeding arm. Fresh blood, red as roses, streamed down her arm. She showed her teeth again and suddenly charged forwards, hissing like a snake, trying to get to Susanna.

"I'm so thirsty!" She cried out.

"Sacha! Stop it! Sacha!" Susanna yelled.

"What do we do?" I asked, panting.

Susanna dodged her claw again and pushed the door shut again. "I don't know! She won't calm down!"

Sacha kicked the door again and the splinters and pieces of wood fell on the floor. I felt a few in my leg, but was too busy trying not to get killed.

"It's not going to last much longer!" Ian screamed.

"Thank you, captain obvious." Susanna sarcastically answered.

I ignored their bickering and thought about what we should do. She would get out in just a few minutes, and then we would all be in trouble, but we couldn't harm her. We just couldn't. She was still our friend. That, and we didn't bring any weapons. So what were we supposed to do?