Epilogue

-

-

KAJSA STOOD ON THE BALCONY OF STARK TOWERS, STARING AT THE RUINS OF THE CITY. Despite the devastating view, peace and hope blew in the warm wind. She'd learned a lot about humans during her time on earth - they were resilient.

Rebuilding the city would take some time, and after this battle, many people would never be the same. But at least they knew they had people who were willing to fight for them and put their life on the line.

Becoming an Avenger felt like the last part of a transformation that Kajsa never knew she was in. Sure she found happiness and satisfaction, but her history with Loki kept a piece of her growth locked.

Kajsa would have never thought Loki held the keys to unlocking her transformation. Everything he said, she needed to hear. She needed to know it was okay to let go, move on, and that she did all she could. She needed closure.

Not everybody gets closure, and for that, she'll always appreciate Loki.

Kajsa holds up her hand, her wedding ring appearing. For the first time, she took it off. Her hand didn't feel as empty as she thought it would.

After a brief thought, she holds it out, preparing to drop it over the balcony.

Kajsa didn't have much attachment to it anymore. Still, something deep within her makes her stop. She grasps it in the palm of her hand, thoughtfully.

Feeling a presence, she looked to her side. It was Thor.

"It's official," he spoke. "Loki and the Tesseract will return to Asgard."

"As things should be," Kajsa sighed softly, putting the ring in her pocket. She pushes her hair behind her ears.

Thor smiles, having never seen her show her ears so confidently.

"I uh, I thought about your offer to return to Asgard."

"Have you now?"

"Yes, and I think you're right. It's time I go back, see my father, old friends, your parents."

"Yes, of course, they'd love to see you. It'll give Father a reason to throw a feast."

Kajsa laughs, "well if anything knows how to have a good time, it is the Alfather."

A grinning Thor nods.

"I can see everyone and help you get the nine realms back in order."

"Ah, yes, I will need the best on my team."

"How lucky are you to get the full package. An Asgardian warrior, skillfully trained S.H.I.E.L.D Agent, and -"

"An Avenger!" Thor pulls her into a tight hug. "I should start taking notes from you. Agent Kajsa Heimdall has got nothing on the god of thunder."

"Stop it," a blushing Kajsa hugs him back as he kissed her on the forehead.

Kajsa wouldn't be the only one taking a well-needed break.

The Avengers would go their separate ways - for now.

Kajsa might have been going back to Asgard, but there was no doubt she'd come back to earth.

After all, it was her second home now. And as a member of S.H.I.E.L.D, she still had a duty to fulfill.

As long as evil existed, the Avengers would assemble again.

Hopefully not any time soon.

Until then, the journey of Kajsa continues. 

C O M I N G S O O N

C O M I N G S O O N