Kajsa - VI

-

-

"THIS LOKI GUY IS YOUR HUSBAND? I THOUGHT YOU SAID HE WAS DEAD."

"He was, or at least that's what I was told," Kajsa had her back turned to Fury as she processed the news of her husband's lively state.

"Well, did you see him die?"

"No, I was here one earth while his brother went to stop him. My father told me of his passing."

"Your father?" Fury grew concerned. "Your father has been here? On earth?"

"No, no, of course not. My father would never leave his post as gatekeeper unless it were absolutely necessary. We can communicate with each other. It's a thing that we do. You wouldn't understand." She turns around, "look, Director Fury, if my husband is in the same headspace as when I last saw him, we need to find him immediately."

"Do you know what he wants?"

"Power, of course," she sighed. "To lead a people or anything that will worship him, really."

"Great," Fury was anything but enthused.

"When do we ship out?" Kajsa switched into S.H.I.E.L.D Agent mode, ignoring the thoughts and feelings for the man she never stopped loving.

"Actually, agent," Fury had a change of heart. "Maybe it's best that you sit this one out."

"I can assure you that I am well equipped to -"

"To help capture and maybe even kill your husband who you thought was dead?" Fury's question silenced her. "A man you don't show much disdain for despite the trouble he's caused."

"Well," Kajsa swallowed, "you have valid points. I'll give you that. But I assure you my loyalty to you and my job will not waver. I've known Loki since we were children. I know him more than anyone else you put on this case. I can do this. I want to do this, please."

Director Fury takes in a deep breath, thoughtfully. Kajsa also had a compelling point. Her history with Loki could be just as much of an asset as a hindrance.

"All right, agent, you're needed tomorrow morning. A car will pick you up. I'm leaving tonight, but you'll be traveling with Coulson and Steve Rogers."

"I'll see you then," Kajsa bows her head.

"Good. Also, I think it's best we keep your connection to Loki between us until further notice."

"I agree, sir."

Fury bids her farewell with a nod. "I'll see myself out." Before closing the door, he looks back at her. "By the way, agent, you should know . . . Loki has Barton."

Kajsa's stomach dropped at the news. She gulps, watched Fury leave.

As if having Loki as her husband wasn't problematic enough, now he had one of her best friends under his control.