Kajsa - I

-

-

KAJSA STARED LOVINGLY AT LOKI, WATCHING HER HUSBAND SLEEP. Being the romantic man most didn't know he was, he planned a picnic for his wife at their hideout in the garden. Though their marriage was a secret, their relationship had been public for quite some time.

They didn't have to hide their love for each other any longer, yet the couple still found themselves hiding away to be alone.

Outing their relationship reminded Kajsa that she was married to a prince. Though Loki wasn't considered the golden child or even the future of Asgard, his royalty put him under a microscope.

Many couldn't understand how he'd manage to romance someone like Kajsa. After all, they were completely different.

Getting away from it all was practically a necessity so the couple wouldn't go mad.

Kajsa grazes his cold cheek with the back of her hand. The sun itself couldn't warm him up, though he never complained. The cold oddly felt so natural to him, Loki had told her once.

His blue eyes fluttered open and a smile formed on his face.

"You said you wouldn't let me fall asleep," he stretched his limbs.

"I did, but you were exhausted, and I love watching you rest. I love seeing you so . . . at peace." Kajsa cuddles up to him, laying her on head his chest.

"Yes, well, I wish I could watch you rest. Luckily, you don't need it as much as I do," Loki kissed her on the forehead and rubbed her arm. He glares at the bright blue sky, finding himself pondering.

"What's the matter?" Kajsa sensed his change of mood.

"There's been talk of Thor's inauguration. Father feels it's time to start preparation. It seems the day has come sooner than I anticipated."

"Well, you know there was only so much time before Thor took the throne."

"I know, I thought I'd have more time to show my father that -"

"Loki," Kajsa looks up at him. "We talked about this; You said it yourself. You didn't need to prove yourself to your father. You said you think Thor would be a great leader."

"Well, recently, I've had a change of heart."

Perplexed, Kajsa sits up, and he does the same. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, I want what's best for Asgard. You've seen how people dote on my brother, my father included. Perhaps if they'd put his splendor aside, they'd see his shortcomings. Maybe . . . maybe I'm the only one who can show them what kind of king he really is."

Kajsa found herself speechless. She'd never heard Loki express himself in such a way when it came to Thor. His jealousy was always apparent, but the Loki she was looking at seemed to calculate every word he spoke. His words seemed to have an underlying intention.