Kajsa - III

-

-

"HOW HAVE YOU BEEN, FATHER?" Kajsa sat on her couch with a cup of tea with Heimdall at her side. His eyes glowed white like hers since she'd called out to him to see through her eyes. As always, when they connected, he didn't look like he belonged in her modernly-decored loft.

Heimdall looked like a giant statue in his usual gold armor compared to the small yet normal-sized space.

The father-daughter duo was intentional about keeping in contact with each other. Heimdall kept an eye on her daily. Still, there was nothing like getting to see and listen to her talk about her life on earth.

As much as he'd missed Kajsa, it didn't take him long to realize that going to earth was the best decision for her.

Having grown and find who she is, Kajsa wore happiness, boldness, and gratification that her father had never seen before.

As a father, it was a delight to see. Heimdall was proud of her and told her every chance he got.

"I've been all right. Times are still troubling with the bridge destroyed."

The destruction of the rainbow bridge prevented Asgradians from traveling freely and incited riots across the Nine Realms.

"I can only imagine," Kajsa felt for her people though she wasn't there. "How are King Odin and Queen Frigga?"

"King Odin is doing the best that he can during these trying times. Queen Frigga - she mourns Loki as any mother would. She misses you. You know she always saw you as a daughter."

"I do," Kajsa nodded sadly, "and Thor?"

"Being as much of a help as he can be."

"As always," she sipped on her tea, the hot beverage warming her stomach.

"Do you miss Asgard?" Heimdall was curious.

"Well, of course, father. It is my home."

"I know, but I worry that you may never return even when the bridge is fixed. You're happy here on earth. You've made a life for yourself."

"Yes, but my family is in Asgard. I would only do myself a disservice if I never returned and miss the chance to be in my father's arms again. You needn't worry. We will see each other again."

Heimdall smiles proudly, "I wish your mother could see -"

Abruptly, a meowing cat hops on the couch and onto Kajsa's lap.

"What on earth is that?" Heimdall wore a look of disgust.

"They call it a cat," Kajsa pet the miniature leopard-resembling Bengal. "I named her Maria."