Chapter 8- Late night chats

"Shazel bing," James whispered when he got to the common room door. The fat lady swung open the portrait and James walked in quietly. The first thing he saw was Lily and Mary messing with some potions. Then his eyes travelled to the couch in front of the fire. There sat Remus who had Sirius sitting on his lap. The two were snogging intensely. James tiptoed over to the other couch and sat down quietly. He grabbed the map and began analyzing it while the two snogged. James searched for a certain pair of footprints in the Slytherin common room. There was Snivilus... What a loser...bet he didn't know about lily and Mary. James laughed a little at him. Lucius Malfoy was with Narcissa Black. There he was...Reggie...in his dorm with Barty Crouch jr. and Evan Rosier. James knew he was friendly with Barty but he didn't know his status with Evan and how close they were. James smiled at his name. They weren't official but James knew Regulus was his and felt proud of it. He looked up at his friends.

"Aren't you guys bored yet?" James said. The two jumped apart at the sound of the friends voice. Lily and Mary scowled assuming James was talking to them and went up to their dorm. Sirius's face turned the colour of Lily's hair and Remus sat uncomfortably.

"Your back soon Prongs," he whispered trying to lose the awkwardness in the room. James, holding back his laughter, looked over at Remus.

"I didn't set a time for when I'd be back, did I?"

"Lily said you would be a while."

"I thought you might have a nice snog with some bird," Sirius winked at James who pulled at face at him. 

"You guys make it seem like I was never gonna see you,"

"Shove off prongs," Sirius grumbled now sinking back into the coach trying to blend in with it. "So why did you leave anyway?"

"Lily wouldn't tell us," Remus said.

"Oh nothing," Sirius and Remus glared suspiciously at him. 

"You know we'll find out eventually," Sirius said.

"I'll find out eventually, might take you a while love." Remus corrected him smiling to himself. James giggled a bit and nodded. 

"I'm too tired, and I've to pack and I want to sleep in a bit tomorrow so g'night guys," Sirius said yawning giving Remus a kiss and waving to James. The two watched him walk away before Remus rounded on James.

"Now spill,"

"Ugh ok. Reg wanted me."

"What did he want you for?" 

"He wanted to apologies for before and that he likes me," James said smiling and he knew he was going red but what he didn't notice was Sirius sneaking down the stairs and now having a huge grin on his face after hearing what James had said.

"Keep going,"

James jumped at Sirius voice and looked surprised while Remus continued looking at James. "What the? I thought you went to pack,"

"Ok one prongs, when do I pack the night before? And two, when do I want to sleep in on the morning of going home? Never! You should know me better than that mate,"

"He's excited to see Mrs. Potter,"

James rolled his eyes. "I might as well continue now,"

"Yes. You will."

"I told him I liked him back,"

"BOO YA!" Sirius yelled while getting shushed by Remus as people were asleep upstairs.

"Don't stop there, Prongs"

"And then I think we were going to kiss but were interrupted by Filch,"

"NOOOO!" Sirius yelled again ignoring Remus telling him to be quiet.

"Well, that's not what I expected would happen,"

James eyed him curiously and then understand what he meant. Remus laughed while Sirius looked between them trying to understand what they were on about. After some long chats about school, the teachers and some pranks, the boys got tired as the clock was hitting 1.

"We should probably head to bed. You two have to pack in the morning,"

James and Sirius groaned and stomped to bed with Remus behind them like a mother sending her children to bed. They got ready for bed and James through a few stuff into his trunk. Less stuff to pack tomorrow. He lay down and stared up at the patterns on the top of his four poster bed. His thoughts were consumed with Regulus and everything about him. He was only awoken a few minutes later at the sound of Sirius getting out of bed and crawling into bed with Remus.